Safety check near Vicksburg, ms

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
harrycallahan
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Safety check near Vicksburg, ms

Post by harrycallahan »

During a recent road trip out east, we were stopped by the local p.d. While taking an exit. It was about 1:30 am and we were looking for a place to stay and they were checking people's seat belts :shock:
This being my first stop since my chl I was a bit excited! I handed him my tx DL and chl, he asked me what I was carrying, he then checked my insurance and sent us right a long.
I wasn't disarmed, hassled at all. I was promptly sent on my way and was treated very professionally. I've heard weird stories before, but not this time.
I've never seen a check point before, they were busy giving rides. I am sure had it been a road side stop things might have been different, but as there were many of them he seemed to not care about my gun. I'd like to think it was my smile that made it easy, but I bet it was my loaded Tahoe full of sleeping kids and wifey that kind of screamed, family dude on road trip! :patriot:
I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.

TxCHL 5/12

Keith B

Re: Safety check near Vicksburg, ms

Post by Keith B »

What made it easy was you had not been drinking and not impaired. It was nothing but a sobriety check-point in disguise as a seat belt check. No smell of alcohol, family in car from out of state, just vacationers and not what they were looking for.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

jamullinstx

Post by jamullinstx »

Exactly! These are sobriety checkpoints designed to get around the limitations of those.

stealthfightrf17

Post by stealthfightrf17 »

Keith B wrote:What made it easy was you had not been drinking and not impaired. It was nothing but a sobriety check-point in disguise as a seat belt check. No smell of alcohol, family in car from out of state, just vacationers and not what they were looking for.
:iagree:

Not uncommon to have a check point for something minor looking for bigger problems. I was in colorado a several years ago and they were looking for an escped convect around the friends house I was visiting. They had all kinds of stupid check points that magiclly stoped once the guy was found. In my case, I think they were trying not to scare the public as much as possible.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”