Had a guy flash a badge at me...wasnt police.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bci21984
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Had a guy flash a badge at me...wasnt police.

Post by bci21984 »

was on the way home with the wife and kids, apparently I inadvertantly cut him off, I didnt know I did. Pull up to the red light and he pulls up next to me. He opens his door, but I notice he's still belted in. I roll my window down to see what he's saying. He mentions that I cut him off and something else. He then produces a bi-folding wallet, he flps it open and there is a 3" fire dept badge. (grew up in and now work in LE, Ive seen a few badges). I ask him who he works for and he responds that he is with the FBI and that I need to pull over. I reach for my credentials and explain that I will willingly pull over into the jack in the box parking lot. I then ask him if he is FBI, why is his badge silver and not gold like the rest of the FBI agents I know. He had a :confused5 look on his face and when the light turned green he proceeded forward. I fell in behind him and called the sheriff's office. I personally know the dispatcher that answered and shortly after my call the "FBI Agent" was calling as well. I followed him into the next town, where the PD is waiting on us at the city limts. Come to find out, he is a volunteer fireman in that town. The PD was waiting on the FD chief to come take possession of the FD property, (badge). When I left him in the hands of the PD, he was having jewelry applied to his wrists. nutjob.
THE 2ND AMENDMENT: They didnt use the freedom of speech to defeat the british, They SHOT them.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Had a guy flash a badge at me...wasnt police.

Post by C-dub »

It wasn't me! :roll:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jim Beaux »

I LOVE IT!
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

He'll be lucky if all he loses is his fire department badge. Impersonating a public servant is a third degree felony. :mad5
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
bci21984
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bci21984 »

Oh he was in custody as I was leaving.
THE 2ND AMENDMENT: They didnt use the freedom of speech to defeat the british, They SHOT them.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Good job. Have to wonder how many unknowing people he's already done this too.

I'll admit if someone flashes a badge at me, I am assuming they are legit.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

erick619

Post by erick619 »

Keith B wrote:He'll be lucky if all he loses is his fire department badge. Impersonating a public servant is a third degree felony. :mad5
pretty steep, I didn't know it was a third degree felony. the punishment does fit the crime, though.

that's pretty low of him to claim he was FBI - it's equivalent to stolen valor if you ask me... :grumble
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers)

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Yeah...I wouldn't pull over even for a legit FBI agent.

We had a vol try that with the wife of one of our recruiting seargents, except he said he was with our agency.

Ooops.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Great job! One less idiot on the street for awhile.

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

hahaha. I love this. I'm still waiting for someone to do the same with their batman license (CHL Badge).
No More Signature

tallmike

Post by tallmike »

gigag04 wrote:Yeah...I wouldn't pull over even for a legit FBI agent.

We had a vol try that with the wife of one of our recruiting seargents, except he said he was with our agency.

Ooops.
As a volunteer FF, I was a bit surprised when I got a badge. It stays on my dress shirt where it belongs and I only put that on once a year.

It's sad to see a volunteer get busted for something stupid like this, most departments need more volunteers not less.

fannypacker

Post by fannypacker »

Good work and good riddance.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Well, at least he wasn't the kind of volunteer firefighter who resorts to arson in order to get some action.

(Thank heaven for small favors.)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jimlongley »

A lot of years ago I got caught outside in a sudden downburst while working on a telephone trouble. There was lightning popping not too far off and I was struggling to reattach a wire and get the ground mounted terminal closed so I could take cover and this guy pulls up, rolls down his window, shows me a badge, and shouts that he is a volunteer fireman and he is ordering me to get under cover due to the lightning.

I pulled out my own volunteer fd badge and flashed it at him and told him what he could do with his and to leave me alone so I could finish my work and get in out of the rain. I didn't usually carry my badge with me, but I had been elected Captain the night before and I had stuck the badge in my jacket pocket and neglected to take it out at home.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

jimlongley wrote:A lot of years ago I got caught outside in a sudden downburst while working on a telephone trouble. There was lightning popping not too far off and I was struggling to reattach a wire and get the ground mounted terminal closed so I could take cover and this guy pulls up, rolls down his window, shows me a badge, and shouts that he is a volunteer fireman and he is ordering me to get under cover due to the lightning.

I pulled out my own volunteer fd badge and flashed it at him and told him what he could do with his and to leave me alone so I could finish my work and get in out of the rain. I didn't usually carry my badge with me, but I had been elected Captain the night before and I had stuck the badge in my jacket pocket and neglected to take it out at home.
I see your VFD badge and raise you a Captain's VFD badge. :lol:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Never Again!!”