CHL Incident- North Dallas PD- Great Guys

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

DarkSide
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CHL Incident- North Dallas PD- Great Guys

Post by DarkSide »

Well you can carry pepper spray and open the door. Also I'm sure if you pull your weapon out and anther person see you with it; they are going to make you the suspect all of a sudden. you may have a gun trained on you. My Daddy told me don't pull a gun unless your going to use it. My weapon is a last resort insurance problem not a deterrent device boys . Sorry for my spelling. how ever I did not know you could pull your weapon and not get in trouble.
Cert. Firefighter
USMC
Master In martial arts

JeffInDFW
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JeffInDFW »

Neil, thank you for posting. I think it is a great help to be able to LEARN from others experiences. Seeing the incident thru your eyes. I'm always amazed at what some people will risk....This guy risked getting killed HIMSELF. This guy risked beating you to the point where you were seriously injured or killed....over WHAT?!! The fact that you made a screw up while driving?! And, the two of you will likely never see one another again.....Its so amazing to me.

Yes, thank the Lord everyone got to sleep in their bed that night. You, sir, did great. Scary knowing that guy is still out there.....and I doubt he has changed.
Springfield Armory XDm 3.8 compact 9mm 13rd magazine for carry/19rd magazine for home

tonzofphun

Post by tonzofphun »

The guy in the cube was lucky that you were the bigger man in this situation.

Well done.

barstoolguru

Post by barstoolguru »

[
quote="DarkSide"]Well you can carry pepper spray and open the door. Also I'm sure if you pull your weapon out and anther person see you with it; they are going to make you the suspect all of a sudden. you may have a gun trained on you. My Daddy told me don't pull a gun unless your going to use it. My weapon is a last resort insurance problem not a deterrent device boys . Sorry for my spelling. how ever I did not know you could pull your weapon and not get in trouble.[/quote
:iagree: I have been in enough street brawls to know two things one being if he is getting out of his car stop him by smashing the door on his leg. You have more force being outside then he does and two a big can of pepper spray works wonders and will give him something to think about for miles and miles.

I always try the pepper spray first (standing up wind) and if you can't fight off the attack then the gun. At least this way you tried a less then lethal way to resolve it first; it looks better to everyone. Sometimes that is not always an option but sounds like you had a little time to react
Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout "Bang!"......George Will

mlawler

Post by mlawler »

I thought pepper spray was what you kept next to the salt shaker.... :lol:

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”