First LEO contact while carrying since getting CHL

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
TexDotCom
Posts in topic: 2

First LEO contact while carrying since getting CHL

Post by TexDotCom »

I had my first LEO contact this morning while carrying. I should say "contacts" because I attended my sister's Police Academy graduation today and there were LEOs from numerous jurisdictions in attendence, including the Chiefs of Police for seven different cities! It was a little nerve-wracking at first. (thought I was over the whole "oh geez, oh geez, am I printing? what if my shirt moves the wrong way? yikes!" kinda thing) :smilelol5:

All went well and the funniest part was at the end when I hugged my Sis (newest Mesquite police officer!!!) and did the "right arm low, left arm high" for my sake and her's. She said, "Don't worry, my pistol is empty right now". I responded with a smile and a wink and said, "Mine's not." The look on her face was priceless. :lol:

Congrats to all of the new Officers. I didn't understand how much training they do in 19 weeks' time. They're all tops in my book.

:txflag:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Re: First LEO contact while carrying since getting CHL

Post by WildBill »

TexDotCom wrote:Congrats to all of the new Officers. I didn't understand how much training they do in 19 weeks' time. They're all tops in my book. :txflag:
:thumbs2: Congratulations to your sister and rest of the graduates. And thanks for the funny story, too. :txflag:
NRA Endowment Member

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPB »

:iagree: And at a police graduation, if your gun was accidentally seen or printing seen; they'd probably all just figure you were a relative off duty LEO or CHL something
Not many criminals attend Police Graduations I'd bet.

Thanks for the story and congrats.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

TexDotCom wrote:I had my first LEO contact this morning while carrying. I should say "contacts" because I attended my sister's Police Academy graduation today and there were LEOs from numerous jurisdictions in attendence, including the Chiefs of Police for seven different cities! It was a little nerve-wracking at first. (thought I was over the whole "oh geez, oh geez, am I printing? what if my shirt moves the wrong way? yikes!" kinda thing) :smilelol5:

All went well and the funniest part was at the end when I hugged my Sis (newest Mesquite police officer!!!) and did the "right arm low, left arm high" for my sake and her's. She said, "Don't worry, my pistol is empty right now". I responded with a smile and a wink and said, "Mine's not." The look on her face was priceless. :lol:

Congrats to all of the new Officers. I didn't understand how much training they do in 19 weeks' time. They're all tops in my book.

Awesome. Congratulations!

Why was hers empty? Not LEO's until after the graduation?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

C-dub wrote:
TexDotCom wrote:I had my first LEO contact this morning while carrying. I should say "contacts" because I attended my sister's Police Academy graduation today and there were LEOs from numerous jurisdictions in attendence, including the Chiefs of Police for seven different cities! It was a little nerve-wracking at first. (thought I was over the whole "oh geez, oh geez, am I printing? what if my shirt moves the wrong way? yikes!" kinda thing) :smilelol5:

Probably didn't want them all shooting in the air after they got their diplomas. :smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

C-dub wrote:

Good question. Mine wasn't unloaded when I graduated a LOOOOONG time ago...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Topic author
TexDotCom

Post by TexDotCom »

C-dub wrote:Why was hers empty? Not LEO's until after the graduation?
I don't know and didn't ask. I assumed it had to do with it being a graduation ceremony. She'd passed all tests and required certifications beforehand, so she was officially a Peace Officer.

I'll pass on the congrats to her from y'all and I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

RPB wrote: Not many criminals attend Police Graduations I'd bet.
lol...I bet you are right!

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

johnson0317 wrote:
RPB wrote: Not many criminals attend Police Graduations I'd bet.
lol...I bet you are right!

RJ
A couple of years ago an HPD Metro officer told me a story about some guy who was being chased by the police and bailed out of his car. He got out of his car, ran across the freeway, and up into the police academy. :smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Kinda like this one

[youtube][/youtube]
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Keith B wrote:Kinda like this one
News Reporter wrote:And they did it all without putting their beers down.
"rlol"
NRA Endowment Member

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

In 1988 or 89 While I was stationed in Monerey CA, my wife to be and I were having brunch at a small bistro.. in full view of the Marriott hotel front doors.. We notice 5 or so police cars in full lights show up, and cart off one guy in cuffs. After brunch we walked down the street to the hotel to see what we can see... as we walk up to the doors there is a sign just in sited. "Welcome Law enforcement Officers Local ### Annual convention, Please sign in at the desk"......
>.. Ask the desk clerk what happened..... Genius robber, walked PAST the sing described above, past the several officers in plain clothes checking in, to the bar, and robbed it...or tried.... seeing as it was filled with LEO's enjoying an afternoon drink before the start of the convention that night,, and the foyer was also full of LEO's , Said robber was "quickly" subdued,, :biggrinjester:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Not a fan of this movie. The first one was okay, but this was II or III or something. However, this scene, I think near the beginning, is one of my favorites.

[youtube][/youtube]
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”