Cheaper Than Dirt Guns! in McKinney, TX- Now Hiring

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
tvone
Posts in topic: 1

Cheaper Than Dirt Guns! in McKinney, TX- Now Hiring

Post by tvone »

Cheaper Than Dirt Guns!] in McKinney, TX has openings for sales professionals.

We are looking for qualified individuals with very strong firearm knowledge and retail sales experience.

Our sales people are well groomed, knowledgeable, and have excellent verbal skills.

Please send your resume with a cover letter outlining your firearm knowledge and retail sales experience to HR@CheaperThanDirt.com.

Address for Cheaper Than Dirt Guns! is 2058 West University Drive McKinney, TX 75071.

Please, no phone calls.

CTD, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and operates a drug-free work environment. You must pass a criminal background check.

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Cheaper Than Dirt Guns! in McKinney, TX- Now Hiring

Post by AEA »

Does having a CHL exclude the necessity for another background check?
I don't want the job, just askin'.

If the CHL is not considered a valid background check, I don't think I would take the job if i was looking and if I was accepted!
Just the principle of the thing.......just sayin'.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Medic218

Post by Medic218 »

they don't allow employees to carry, I know that.(unless I received bad info)
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

Makes me wonder........never bought a gun there........wonder if they run the "Policy" ATF call on the 4473 on CHL holders?
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Richardc

Post by Richardc »

I'm a CHL instructor, was a small arms instructor, and a combat marksmenship trainer in the Marine Corps, have worked in the gun industry on and off for several years. That being said I have applyed three times, and droped off my resume with these guys and have never gotten a call back. The last few times i have visited there store the standard answer i get for some of questions about there product is "I'm not sure". Makes me wonder what I'm doing worng.

And if I do ever buy one of there guns with my CHL and they call NICS i will veary upset.
"That door you just kicked in was locked for YOUR protection, Not mine."
http://www.chldefense.com
http://www.facebook.com/chldefense

grumble

Post by grumble »

AEA wrote:Makes me wonder........never bought a gun there........wonder if they run the "Policy" ATF call on the 4473 on CHL holders?
Bought one there last weekend. From the time I said "I want that one" until I was out the door was about 7 minutes. No NICS check.

That being said, they "need" some good help. One of the guns in the case was obviously mis-priced by a little over $100. It should have been about $475 - It was marked at $573. I brought it to 2 different salespeople. They looked at me like I was being an "internet dick." Truth be told, I'm in retail and just wanted to bring an obvious mistake to their attention - I got a blank stare from one of them and a "That's an accurate price - it's set by corporate" answer from another. I said to him "So I can order that same gun from the CTD website and have it delivered to your store for me to pick up at $98 less?" He said "yup, I guess so...but that price is set by corporate..."

Anyway, they had what I wanted (XD9SC) so I bought it. IMHO they could use some good sales people.
Who are my congressmen again? http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

grumble wrote:Anyway, they had what I wanted (XD9SC) so I bought it. IMHO they could use some good sales people.
Maybe that's why they are looking to hire people. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Job Board”