Speeding on my motorcycle

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
SSAllen63
Posts in topic: 2

Speeding on my motorcycle

Post by SSAllen63 »

I got pulled over for speeding for the first time since I received my CHL in July. Just got my motorcycle out of the shop and was riding through Colleyville. I noticed a police car up ahead and looked down at my speedometer. It was too late. I had my Glock on me in my IWB holster. He pulled me over. I shut my bike off and got off slowly. I was so nervous I'm pretty sure I was shaking. I kept thinking to myself "Don't say the word gun." He said "I clocked you going 42 in a 30. Is there an emergency?" I said "No sir I just didn't notice how fast I was going." He asked for license and insurance. I handed him my DL and said "and here's this" handing him my CHL. He asked if I had any weapons with me. I said "yes sir right here" and patted my side. He asked for insurance again. I got it out of my saddlebag. He asked all the info on my bike as he typed it into his little handheld computer. I though to myself "yup your getting a ticket." But then he said "I'm just going to give you a warning this time but try to watch your speed." I thanked him and we went on our ways. I was a nervous wreck but it went very smooth!
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Speeding on my motorcycle

Post by Teamless »

Good result, but one minor change when asked "do you have a weapon on you" dont
SSAllen63 wrote: patted my side
That, as he now knows you have a gun, you are now basically "reaching for it",
Next time, you may want to say "yes, on my right hip" and not actually touch it.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

RSJ
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RSJ »

Teamless wrote:Good result, but one minor change when asked "do you have a weapon on you" dont
SSAllen63 wrote: patted my side
That, as he now knows you have a gun, you are now basically "reaching for it",
Next time, you may want to say "yes, on my right hip" and not actually touch it.
:iagree:
NRA Member

Topic author
SSAllen63
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SSAllen63 »

Good advice. I'll remember that.
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”