Why you should ALWAYS wear a gunbelt

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Why you should ALWAYS wear a gunbelt

Post by WildBill »

Lefty Writer wrote:So, why is it, that if such a thing happened to me, my wife would get a big kick out of it, and enjoy the laugh, but...... If the situation were reversed, and I laughed, there would be heck to pay. :nono:
I assume that's a rhetorical question. :cool:
NRA Endowment Member

skub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by skub »

TexasComputerDude wrote:I ran out of boxers one day and decided to wear an old pair, lets just say that the elastic was GONE and they were full of holes. Well, I had my belt and gun on and some jean shorts and I was walking into the hardware store and all of a sudden... oh nooooo, I felt something sliding and well my shorts and gun stayed up but my boxers hit the floor.
Ok, I have been puzzling on this for a while now. I must be missing something here, because in the universe I live in our shorts are sewn together in the crotch and (typically) worn over boxers. As such, I don't see how the boxers fall down while the shorts stay up. :headscratch

I even wondered if this was like a hinway, but couldn't see that either.

What am I missing? :confused5
Theologue at large
5th Generation Texan
CHL 05/04

TexasComputerDude

Post by TexasComputerDude »

lots and lots of holes lol. My boxers caught in the crotch but inverted outside the shorts.

Its a "ya had to be there" moment.
Glock 30 - main ccw

skub

Post by skub »

Wow. Those sound like they were way past "worn-out". :lol: (As I typed this, the pun occurred to me - started to say, "No pun intended", but then decided that it was a good pun, so I'll take credit for it!). :biggrinjester:
Theologue at large
5th Generation Texan
CHL 05/04

USA1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by USA1 »

TexasComputerDude wrote:lots and lots of holes lol. My boxers caught in the crotch but inverted outside the shorts.

Its a "ya had to be there" moment.
Why is it that some guys (myself included) can't throw away old worn out underwear?
Answer: You might need them someday when all of the good ones are dirty...Back up underwear. :mrgreen:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

g31357

Post by g31357 »

suspenders lol

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" I wear a belt all the time ! :txflag: Too bad the wife didn't get a pic to share.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

urnoodle

Post by urnoodle »

My sister and I moved a few thousand miles away from our parents several years ago. Our mother mentioned to us once that our Dad hangs on to every gift and uses everyone of that because he missed his 2 daughters. So we saw an opportunity here so one year we gave our dad a pink flowered shirt as a gag gift. He would only wear blue, black, brown, green and gray so we were sure he wouldn't wear this shirt. Well he wore it and he wore it until it fell apart. So every year we would buy him something awful to wear as a gag to see if he'd wear it. My sister has since moved back to be closer to them. About a year ago I bought him some Iron Man and Avengers briefs thinking nah he won't wear those. Over the weekend my folks had a garage sale. My dad was working on the house when my mom called him over to get something heavy off the garage wall for someone. With his arms over his head and a heavy object in his hands, his shorts hit the floor in front of 15-20 strangers doing some heavy looking on. Laughter errupted when everyone realized he was standing there in his iron man briefs. I think this year, I'm going to buy him a belt. "rlol"
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

DocV

Post by DocV »

urnoodle wrote: Our mother mentioned to us once that our Dad hangs on to every gift and uses everyone of that because he missed his 2 daughters. ..."rlol"
"rlol"
I share your Pop's feelings. ChildV could buy me a hat made out of a dead cat and I would wear it until it wore out.

urnoodle

Post by urnoodle »

Phrogg your thread gave me a great idea for the next gag gift, either iron man suspenders or an iron man belt. I was wondering what I was going to get him this year and your timing was impecable. If you have kids, don't ever tell them that story because they will remember it and some day you may repeat it wearing your underroos.

DocV always wear a belt, you never can tell what your kids are going to buy for you. :mrgreen:
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

beefmobile

Post by beefmobile »

I agree with the moral of the story. I have one of my own.

We all know to always carry your weapon in a holster. The next lesson is to learn to always wear your gun belt.

Well, when i first started carrying, i had only learned the second lesson. My girlfriend (for some reason) needed to drop off her Kimber to my work. I didn't bring a 1911 holster with me to work...because i wasn't expecting to happen upon a gun in the middle of the day. I decided to just stick it in my waistband. i know...i know...BAD IDEA. Hey, i learn most things the hard way and this was no different.

I was sitting at my desk when i needed to use the restroom all of a sudden. I stood up, and that Kimber CDP II when straight down my pants. I let out a "OH!" and sat down very, very quickly. I looked around to see if anybody else noticed.....luckily no one did. I had to carefully and slowly work that 1911 all the way up my pants back to my waistband and tightened the heck out of my belt. The next day i brought my Wilson Combat holster.

:cheers2:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
-Bill of Rights-
(Must be 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply)

US Marine Corps
Good Night Chesty, Wherever You Are....

GLOCK

Drdriller

Post by Drdriller »

i wear a "gunbelt" brand

SRH78

Post by SRH78 »

Also, make sure it is an actual gun belt or at least sturdy. I once wore a belt that was fairly wide and sturdy but it turned out that the way it attached at the buckle was pretty sorry. I was out killing time shopping waiting to pick up one of the kids. The bathroom was in the back of the store and when I cinched up my belt after taking care of business, the buckle popped off and I no longer had a belt to hold up a loose fitting pair of jeans with a full size pistol. I felt like I had a billboard on me as I made the long walk to the truck while trying to keep my pants up. What is worse is that after I left the store next door where I was looking for a belt to, at least, hold my jeans up, I walked outside to see a man standing at what looked like my truck with the door open. I had temporarily left my pistol in the truck since my pants wouldn't stay up with it on and no belt. That was a bad feeling until I realized that I had parked a few spots over and it was just a coworker driving an identical truck. :shock:

Return to “Never Again!!”