Gun under night stand stolen.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
pcgizzmo
Posts in topic: 4

Gun under night stand stolen.

Post by pcgizzmo »

I will now be using some type of quick access safe. I woke up this morning to find the gun under my night stand gone. I put it there for quick access. The only people that have been in my house are the house cleaners. I'm off to report it stolen. Not a good day for me.

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun under night stand stolen.

Post by tomtexan »

That's a bummer. Not a good way to start off your Sunday, or any day for that matter. :ack:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jim Beaux »

Rotten thieves. I feel for you. Keep us informed.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

pcgizzmo wrote:I will now be using some type of quick access safe. I woke up this morning to find the gun under my night stand gone. I put it there for quick access. The only people that have been in my house are the house cleaners. I'm off to report it stolen. Not a good day for me.
I am sorry for your loss. However, don't jump to conclusions about the house cleaners. Do a thorough search of the house to look for other things missing and things out of order.

Once, my house was burgularized and it took about a week before we realized that it happened. Whoever broke in did a quick and thorough job. They didn't disturb much and did not "ransack" the house. They knew expensive jewelry and watches from the cheap stuff.

It wasn't until a week later when my wife noticed that the lid of my jewelry box was open that we took a closer look. Then she noticed some of her [good] stuff was missing from her jewelry box. I mentioned the break in the a neighbor and she told me about a burgarly across the street, probably on the same day. It was a day that I was home sick and took off a couple of hours to see the doctor.
NRA Endowment Member

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

pcgizzmo wrote:I will now be using some type of quick access safe. I woke up this morning to find the gun under my night stand gone.
If they took it while you were asleep you're lucky that's all they did.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mrvmax »

I do not mean to downplay this since I know this is an ordeal for you. I use this to urge others to take advantage of the firearms insurance the NRA offers. Whether it is the free or supplemental make sure you have some. None of my firearms are irreplaceable and all are insured so if it eve happens to me I will not have to incur a financial loss.

Topic author
pcgizzmo

Post by pcgizzmo »

Yes, I wish I had some type of insurance that would have covered it. My home owners deductable is more than the gun cost so this is coming out of my pocket I guess.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I have to ask: Why would you leave a gun unsecured when you weren't home to keep an eye on it?
Why did it take you until morning to realize it was missing? As a nightstand gun shouldn't it have been checked before you went to sleep?

I am sorry for your loss and I really am not trying to beat you up, but my first reaction is that there might have been a little carelessness on your part also...
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Maxwell wrote:I have to ask: Why would you leave a gun unsecured when you weren't home to keep an eye on it?
Why did it take you until morning to realize it was missing? As a nightstand gun shouldn't it have been checked before you went to sleep?

I am sorry for your loss and I really am not trying to beat you up, but my first reaction is that there might have been a little carelessness on your part also...
Cmon man :roll:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Topic author
pcgizzmo

Post by pcgizzmo »

Maxwell wrote:I have to ask: Why would you leave a gun unsecured when you weren't home to keep an eye on it?

Well, I guess that is a valid question but like I said it was my night stand gun there for quick access and it was hidden under my night stand so unless someone actively looked for it under there they would not have seen it. I have no kids so I am not worried about that and my wife knows how to shoot my guns so that wasn't an issue either. People even when I have company don't go in my bed room. I have friends that I have been to there house no less than probably 50 times and I've never even seen there bedroom so the thought about someone entering my bed room w/out me being present wasn't on my mind. Yes, I should have thought about the house keeper but I've come upon guns even as kid and knew that they were something I should not touch. I would assume an adult would know the same unless they were intent on taking the gun which was apparently what happened.

I have knives in around the house also and they are dangerous but I don't put them up every time I leave either.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

BTW, if you guys are NRA members and have never activated the firearms insurance coverage go to this link and activate it: http://www.nraendorsedinsurance.com/cam ... index.html

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

mrvmax wrote:BTW, if you guys are NRA members and have never activated the firearms insurance coverage go to this link and activate it: http://www.nraendorsedinsurance.com/cam ... index.html
Thank you for your post. I am a Life Time Member and never realized I had this advantage. I have already activated all of the insurance benefits. :tiphat:

Topic author
pcgizzmo

Post by pcgizzmo »

I wonder if I can back date it. :-)

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

pcgizzmo wrote:I wonder if I can back date it. :-)
Cal them and see, I always wanted to see if the "activation" was really required.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

carlson1 wrote:
mrvmax wrote:BTW, if you guys are NRA members and have never activated the firearms insurance coverage go to this link and activate it: http://www.nraendorsedinsurance.com/cam ... index.html
Thank you for your post. I am a Life Time Member and never realized I had this advantage. I have already activated all of the insurance benefits. :tiphat:
:iagree: I knew about the benefit, but didn't know that it needed to be activated. Thanks.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Never Again!!”