Multiple different LEO events-READ first then judge!

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Multiple different LEO events-READ first then judge!

Post by srothstein »

dafobbishon3 wrote:But seriously, I don't think there's an issue with having a lift kit installed in trucks...
http://www.liftlaws.com/texas_lift_laws.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
under suspension, no limit. :confused5

or is that not a reliable site.

Like most sites giving legal advice, it is only semi-reliable. Always read the laws for yourself. The one that jumped out at me, as an example, is the requirement for tread depth. That site says there is no legal minimum but the law does require 2/32nds of an inch. A second was directly in the law, where the site says the maximum height allowed is 13'6" and the law says 14'.

The trick is to follow all the links in the law. The Transportation Code specifies that DPS will set the safety standards. When DPS does this, it makes a rule, known as administrative law that is shown as part of the Administrative Code. When you read that code, it says the standards are actually adopted and contained in the inspection manual. This is where you will find the tire tread depth specified. The good news for your question is that I don't know of or find a suspension check as part of the inspection procedure. If you want to read what is required for an inspection, here is where you can see the latest manuals: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/law ... /rules.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Rothstein

dafobbishon3
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Multiple different LEO events-READ first then judge!

Post by dafobbishon3 »

srothstein wrote: Like most sites giving legal advice, it is only semi-reliable. Always read the laws for yourself. The one that jumped out at me, as an example, is the requirement for tread depth. That site says there is no legal minimum but the law does require 2/32nds of an inch. A second was directly in the law, where the site says the maximum height allowed is 13'6" and the law says 14'.
The trick is to follow all the links in the law. The Transportation Code specifies that DPS will set the safety standards. When DPS does this, it makes a rule, known as administrative law that is shown as part of the Administrative Code. When you read that code, it says the standards are actually adopted and contained in the inspection manual. This is where you will find the tire tread depth specified. The good news for your question is that I don't know of or find a suspension check as part of the inspection procedure. If you want to read what is required for an inspection, here is where you can see the latest manuals: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/law ... /rules.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for clearing that up! I'll read into that.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”