5 car pileup, not the ideal first contact.

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
GWE Chally
Posts in topic: 7

Re: 5 car pileup, not the ideal first contact.

Post by GWE Chally »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
I'm the one who taught him to always photograph the accident scene and the damage to both vehicles as soon after the impact as is practically possible.
I have pictures. I took a few as soon as I was able to get out of my car safely.

Oh! And for anyone else looking for it, the "Blue Form" is available online. It is called the CR-2 Driver's Crash Report.

(I had already downloaded it but since I wasn't sure if it was the right form, I drove 90 miles round-trip to get 2 copies of it! :banghead: )

Get it here: http://www.txdot.gov/txdot_library/driv ... ecords.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Scott
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

immediately tell the cop, "my neck hurts", "my back is a bit sore", "I think I'm going to go check in with my doctor, I just don't feel real good"
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
GWE Chally

Post by GWE Chally »

SewTexas wrote:immediately tell the cop, "my neck hurts", "my back is a bit sore", "I think I'm going to go check in with my doctor, I just don't feel real good"
Already took care of that part, mostly because it is true.
The impact twisted my seat sideways and bent it back toward the back seat, (where my hat ended up). I had to have the car towed because of the seat and inoperable seat belt. I am pretty sore today, and it seems to be getting a little worse as I go...

29 years of driving and this is my first accident. I had heard that you won't be sore until the 2nd or 3rd day... now I know it to be true.
- Scott
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

once you said you were hurting, the cop should have written a report, (he should have probably offered EMT's) I don't understand that...makes no sense to me?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
GWE Chally

Post by GWE Chally »

SewTexas wrote:once you said you were hurting, the cop should have written a report, (he should have probably offered EMT's) I don't understand that...makes no sense to me?
They did offer EMTs, I didn't feel I needed that. That was all he needed to hear apparently.
- Scott
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LAYGO »

GWE Chally wrote:my rates may go up because of the claim, not because of the accident
Circular logic.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

2firfun50
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 2firfun50 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Happened to my son in Euless a few weeks ago. Since nobody got hurt, the police weren't interested.
When I got rear ended by an unissued driver back in June, the Frisco police weren't interested in the uninsured part either. Always pay for the unissured motorist.

Topic author
GWE Chally

Post by GWE Chally »

The guy who rear ended me was at fault, and his insurance company is paying for all of my medical, and for 5 cars repairs!
- Scott
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”