Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Teamless
Posts in topic: 2

Spring Branch ISD Shot fired

Post by Teamless »

Amazing how 2 different sources will put up headlines

KPRC Local 2 (Facebook)
BREAKING NEWS: A gun goes off at a Spring Branch ISD school.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Gun-d ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NewsRadio 740 KTRH
DEVELOPING-- A Spring Wood High school student fired a handgun inside a classroom today.

Find more stories at http://www.ktrh.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Like and share your favorites.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Thomas

Re: Spring Branch ISD Shot fired

Post by Thomas »

Students who were in the classroom where the gun was fired were offered counseling. A letter about the incident was sent home to parents.

"Of course, the students in the classroom were shaken. We had a couple that needed counseling
:roll:

The only counseling that was offered when I was a kid was when one of our classmates died. Counseling for a loud noise? Give me a break.

Kids are always taking stuff to school to show off. This time it just happened to be a gun. On top of that, this time the gun happened to be loaded. Now this kid is going to be expelled and that could ruin his life, when all he really needed was a good spanking, stern talking to, and be grounded. Of course that is all stuff the parents are supposed to do, but as a society we seem to have decided that schools should be the parents instead.

EDIT: Of course it doesn't help when grounding means stay in your room - where they have a computer, game system, or cell phone and life basically goes on as normal for the kid and they don't learn a lesson.

/Rant

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I think we should make it illegal for a student to have a gun on a high school campus without the proper permits.
I think we should make it illegal to fire a gun in a classroom, unless it was in self defense.
I think we should make it illegal for a high school student to have a concealed handgun without a CHL permit.
I think we should make it illegal for people to be stupid.
I think we need more laws.

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmra »

philip964 wrote:I think we should make it illegal for a student to have a gun on a high school campus without the proper permits.
I think we should make it illegal to fire a gun in a classroom, unless it was in self defense.
I think we should make it illegal for a high school student to have a concealed handgun without a CHL permit.
Seems to me things would work pretty well if we only had 10 laws.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

philip964 wrote:I think we should make it illegal for a student to have a gun on a high school campus without the proper permits.
As much as I would like that, I can't support such a law because it would lead to eugenics and the killing of undesirables (what the Nazis were trying to do).

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

Thomas wrote:
As much as I would like that, I can't support such a law because it would lead to eugenics and the killing of undesirables (what the Nazis were trying to do).
If we can't make it illegal, can we at least require them to have a permit?
NRA lifetime member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

KC5AV wrote:
Thomas wrote:
If we can't make it illegal, can we at least require them to have a permit?
...or wear a sign with Mommy and Daddy's name on it?

Topic author
Teamless

Post by Teamless »

its funny, while my post shows there was a shot fired, my post actually was about how it was reported

Where 1 news outlet said " a gun goes off" and another said " a student fired a handgun"
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Thomas wrote:
I agree because everyone would be a criminal. We all do something stupid at least once in our lives.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

MeMelYup wrote:
Thomas wrote:
I agree because everyone would be a criminal. We all do something stupid at least once in our lives.
But if we make it illegal, no one would be stupid again.

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

philip964 wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:
Thomas wrote:
But if we make it illegal, no one would be stupid again.
They just won't be burdened by above-average intelligence like Harrison Bergeron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Bergeron

From the link:
"Harrison Bergeron" is a satirical and dystopian science-fiction short story written by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. and first published in October 1961.

Plot summary

It is the year 2081. Because of Amendments to the Constitution, every American is fully equal, meaning that no one is smarter, better-looking, stronger, or faster than anyone else. The Handicapper General and a team of agents ensure that the laws of equality are enforced. The government forces citizens to wear "handicaps" (a mask if they are too handsome or beautiful, earphones with deafening radio signals to make intelligent people unable to concentrate and form thoughts, and heavy weights to slow down those who are too strong or fast).

Return to “Never Again!!”