Saw my first one tonight.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Saw my first one tonight.

Post by C-dub »

This may not be the right place for this. I thought I'd put it here because I hope I never see one in use again.

I was at my daughter's martial arts school watching the class tonight when I noticed a man enter with a badge on his belt right next to an empty holster right out there in the open for all to see. No cover garment at all wearing sandals, shorts, and a tucked in t-shirt. I noticed this from across the room and thought it was odd that he would have left his weapon in the car or wherever. As he walked by I noticed it said "Concealed Weapon Permit." I'm still shaking my head is disbelief that I actually saw someone wearing one of these and even more shocked that they were wearing it openly like he was. :shock: :eek6 :shock: :eek6 :shock:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

USA1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Saw my first one tonight.

Post by USA1 »

Sad...
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

Such a fool!
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

GWE Chally

Post by GWE Chally »

SMH... :banghead:
- Scott
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

There's always someone willing to take the meaning of "total fool" to new depths and win the title of reigning champion.

Word has it this guy is high on the list of finalists in the CHL division.

:banghead:
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Lonest4r

Post by Lonest4r »

I would have to restrain myself from giving the guy a tongue lashing.
LONEST4R
7/24/10 Class- 8/28/10 Plastic!
Glock 26 in Horsehide Supertuck

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I have only ever seen one.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

C-dub wrote:This may not be the right place for this. I thought I'd put it here because I hope I never see one in use again.

I was at my daughter's martial arts school watching the class tonight when I noticed a man enter with a badge on his belt right next to an empty holster right out there in the open for all to see. No cover garment at all wearing sandals, shorts, and a tucked in t-shirt. I noticed this from across the room and thought it was odd that he would have left his weapon in the car or wherever. As he walked by I noticed it said "Concealed Weapon Permit." I'm still shaking my head is disbelief that I actually saw someone wearing one of these and even more shocked that they were wearing it openly like he was. :shock: :eek6 :shock: :eek6 :shock:
Here I was thinking that they were a mythological beast that people swear is real but no one has actually seen. There goes that little personal delusion. :roll:
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmra »

The only one I've ever seen was under a glass case at cheaper than dirt. Seeing as how I never plan on walking thru the doors of CTD again, I don't ever expect to see another one.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Purplehood »

jmra wrote:The only one I've ever seen was under a glass case at cheaper than dirt. Seeing as how I never plan on walking thru the doors of CTD again, I don't ever expect to see another one.
And that is why we have to always be personally aware of our surroundings...you just might miss such a gem when it walks past you.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Forum member me wonders....

magicglock

Post by magicglock »

While part of me thinks I would have confronted him with a strongly worded tongue lashing the other side of me is not sure I could compose myself well enough to restrain the laughter. I certainty would have pointed and laughed while picking myself up off the floor. "rlol" That fool needs a cape and mask to complete his Batman costume.

FuziDave

Post by FuziDave »

but they're sooooooooooo cool!!!

http://www.popguns.com/badge/texas.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(kidding)
FuziDave

gigag04
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gigag04 »

pics?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

packa45
Posts in topic: 4

Post by packa45 »

Being a CHL holder and personal protection officer/ commissioned security officer this is outrageous because he is blatantly showing that I do own a weapon... But it is not on my person... Attack me or wait until I retrieve it from my vehicle and sucker punch me... And use my personal protection device for nefarious deeds...

Just my 2 cents...
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

Return to “Never Again!!”