Meet the Press Interview

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TexasGal
Posts in topic: 1

Meet the Press Interview

Post by TexasGal »

The prejudice is just overwhelming.

[youtube][/youtube]
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Skiprr

Re: Meet the Press Interview

Post by Skiprr »

I was neutral about David Gregory before, but he's just plummeted in my opinion. He didn't even pretend to try to start this off with any objectivity. Journalism is dead.

:banghead:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Same question just phrased differently, "will you give up your 2nd amendment right?"

Politicians and the media as a whole are 100% prejudiced.

Gameover

Post by Gameover »

That had to have been one of the most bias interviews I've seen. So...will you give up your rights? NO. Will you give up some of your rights? NO. Will you give up any of your rights? NO. So....your saying you will not give us anything??? YES. Well thank you for your time.
Question everything

Post by 77346 »

Journalism nowadays is a joke... it's not about the facts anymore, it's about what advances their views on politics, morals, believes, etc. The days where the journalist was looking to break the big story, finding all the facts, leaving no stone unturned are long gone... now it's all about them, antagonizing their guests -unless the guest is some kind of celebrity- and shoving down our throats their views 24/7.

Wayna LaPierre did a good job this morning... we can't give one inch of our gun ownership rights...
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

koconcept
Posts in topic: 2

Post by koconcept »

Wayne did great in that interview. The interviewer on other hand is a joke. The NRA is the only group to put out a solution to keep the children safe the rest just wanna punish americans who did nothing wrong.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

The interviewer was trying to suck Wayne into the "If it saves just one life." trap.

And then he said Wayne said it anyway.

The other day I pointed out, in a debate elsewhere, that in Portland the shooter committed suicide when confronted by a CHL holder. At which point my opponent stated that this was then proof that the presence of a gun caused a suicide.

Idiocy.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I also think he did a great job. Far better than I would have. They would have hauled me off after telling the guy what a fool he and anyone else is if they think another ban will stop these type of things from happening.

I wish he would have pointed out that the VTech shooter used only ten round mags and just carried a bunch of extras with him.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Another thing that I constantly notice with liberals as that they say, "You have to admit" or "You have to ..." something. I conservative always asks if another person can admit to or agree on something. I think the next time some like that tells me I have to admit to something I will just flat stop them and tell them I don't have to admit to anything and point out what they are doing. :nono:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Skiprr wrote:I was neutral about David Gregory before, but he's just plummeted in my opinion. He didn't even pretend to try to start this off with any objectivity. Journalism is dead.

:banghead:
Journalism in the mainstream media has been dead for 10 years or more. This is why newmedia is so important.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

jimlongley wrote:The other day I pointed out, in a debate elsewhere, that in Portland the shooter committed suicide when confronted by a CHL holder. At which point my opponent stated that this was then proof that the presence of a gun caused a suicide.

Idiocy.
Did you laugh at him and call him a boneheaded idiot, and suggest that for the sake of our species he ought not reproduce?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
jimlongley wrote:The other day I pointed out, in a debate elsewhere, that in Portland the shooter committed suicide when confronted by a CHL holder. At which point my opponent stated that this was then proof that the presence of a gun caused a suicide.

Idiocy.
Did you laugh at him and call him a boneheaded idiot, and suggest that for the sake of our species he ought not reproduce?
Something similar to that. He was very insulted and the originator of the thread said I was being obtuse. I pointed out that the ultimate in obtuse was when a CHL holder stopped a rampage shooting, as has been suggested could happen by those of us in favor of universal carry, and the opposition instead of acknowledging that it happened, merely used it to bolster, in their tiny little minds, their contention that guns cause suicide. There has been no answering post.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

jimlongley wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

Idiocy.
Something similar to that. He was very insulted and the originator of the thread said I was being obtuse. I pointed out that the ultimate in obtuse was when a CHL holder stopped a rampage shooting, as has been suggested could happen by those of us in favor of universal carry, and the opposition instead of acknowledging that it happened, merely used it to bolster, in their tiny little minds, their contention that guns cause suicide. There has been no answering post.
So, the guy would have to admit to a logical conclusion that in that instance (and many others, as at Lubys in Killeen, and other instances where mass shooters turn a gun on themselves when confronted, instead of continuing in the shooting gallery of defenseless targets), "suicides save lives", therefore, the gun did good, not evil.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

koconcept

Post by koconcept »

C-dub wrote:Another thing that I constantly notice with liberals as that they say, "You have to admit" or "You have to ..." something. I conservative always asks if another person can admit to or agree on something. I think the next time some like that tells me I have to admit to something I will just flat stop them and tell them I don't have to admit to anything and point out what they are doing. :nono:

Its the authoritarian in them they cant help it. They also like to talk over people during a debate and resort to threats and name calling like piers morgan. I had a couple of conversations with people this week one of them is a self proclaimed liberal democrat that my wife is friends with. I usually asked if defending ones life is a fundamental natural right if they answer no then the conversation is over cause i know they are devoid of reason.

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

koconcept wrote:
C-dub wrote:Another thing that I constantly notice with liberals as that they say, "You have to admit" or "You have to ..." something. I conservative always asks if another person can admit to or agree on something. I think the next time some like that tells me I have to admit to something I will just flat stop them and tell them I don't have to admit to anything and point out what they are doing. :nono:

Its the authoritarian in them they cant help it. They also like to talk over people during a debate and resort to threats and name calling like piers morgan. I had a couple of conversations with people this week one of them is a self proclaimed liberal democrat that my wife is friends with. I usually asked if defending ones life is a fundamental natural right if they answer no then the conversation is over cause i know they are devoid of reason.
They have no logic. All they can do is read from their play book, Rules for Radicals ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/0679721134/?ta ... ogcgf2nl_e. They're so conditioned in this (even without having read it) that it's just reflex action.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

Return to “National Rifle Association”