Saw my first one tonight.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Saw my first one tonight.

Post by BigGuy »

I'm kind of surprised these idiot things are legal.
Last edited by BigGuy on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AustinBoy

Post by AustinBoy »

Curious, how old do think we was?

young guy? Old guy?

AB
NRA - Life Member
TSRA - Life Member

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Purplehood »

packa45 wrote:Being a CHL holder and personal protection officer/ commissioned security officer this is outrageous because he is blatantly showing that I do own a weapon... But it is not on my person... Attack me or wait until I retrieve it from my vehicle and sucker punch me... And use my personal protection device for nefarious deeds...

Just my 2 cents...
Is that an argument against CHL badges or Open-carry?
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

packa45
Posts in topic: 4

Post by packa45 »

I'm going to guess mid 30-early 40.... Or your typical 20 something job corp graduate that spent 9 months going through security officer commission course... When most thinking persons can complete the course in about 4 days(depending on length of each day)

Oh wait never mind.....he guy had a CHL badge...only the good guys have badges... so it's a nonissue...
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

packa45

Post by packa45 »

Purplehood wrote:
packa45 wrote:Being a CHL holder and personal protection officer/ commissioned security officer this is outrageous because he is blatantly showing that I do own a weapon... But it is not on my person... Attack me or wait until I retrieve it from my vehicle and sucker punch me... And use my personal protection device for nefarious deeds...

Just my 2 cents...
Is that an argument against CHL badges or Open-carry?
Neither personally I'm a constitutional carry minded person I'm just pointing out the mysterious things that run through the criminal mind because it helps with risk assessment(Part of my job as personal protection officer)..

1 the guy plastered a target on his back at that specific time should there be an individual looking to steal a firearm, or find a target that could possibly grant access to a firearm
2 if the guy was anywhere near my town... After the events of the last few days... He would have several local authorities with guns drawn telling him to keep his hands I the air... Get down on your knees etc... To find out where his gun was...
3 I'm also of the idea that CONCEALED MEANS CONCEALED!!!

If I'm at a range I expect to see civilians with holsters with weapons in them... Now at the grocery store, the gym,etc. the only people I should see with a holstered firearm is a LEO or other person authorized by law. Granted his holster was empty at the time it was visible...

Say I'm working as armed/unarmed security at an establishment... I get a complaint about a guy that was running from his vehicle into the back door/front door/any entry or exit of the building ...possibly has a gun... What would you do...
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

And it might give crazies the idea to call 911 saying this man pointed his gun at them. When the police find out he has a gun, then it's going to cause him a lot more hassle and the crazies are just going to get their laughs in.

Somewhere in these forums is a post where the someone the OP knew was accused by a crazy driver of waving a gun around while he was on a motorcycle. Coincidently, the motorcyclist has a CHL. It caused him quite a bit of hassle.

packa45

Post by packa45 »

Thomas. :iagree: however some of the "crazies" are just people that don't look as closely as they should sometimes... Or they think they saw this when it was really that... An empty holster that is seen can just as easily be seen as a holster with a firearm... It is just based on perspective.

I've actually had an officer respond to a man with a gun call while I was working...guess what... I was that armed gunman...guess what else... I was in uniform with "SECURITY" in 6 inch tall letters across my back...

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Post by C-dub »

gigag04 wrote:pics?
No. :oops:

I didn't want to be too obvious.

Packa45 got the age range right. I figure about mid-30's to early 40's. Clean cut.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

GeronimoAg

Post by GeronimoAg »

Wow, just wow... I would definitely have a hard time controlling my laughter if I saw this guy walking around. I still can't believe that people actually buy those things.

And why openly wear a CHL badge on your belt next to an empty holster??? We'll never figure out some people... :roll:

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

The only (and I had to work hard to come up with this one) excuse I can come up with for an empty holster and a CHL badge...

as a form of protest / activism. There was a movement a while back for the "empty holster" campus carry thing. It's been a while since I've heard anything about it (not spend much time on those forums lately) ... but it's a possibility.

I have been known to leave my empty holster exposed after removing my pistol in a few places where I have to be disarmed and am feeling particularly resentful for that fact...but trust me, I don't wear a badge, sash, tiara, or CCW T-Shirt :biggrinjester:

Of course that doesn't explain the rest of the whole picture...sounds like it would have been a bit of a spectacle with or without a holster/badge...
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

I don’t think I would have said anything to the guy. The fact he was wearing that badge speaks to his intelligence or lack thereof.

I would not want to be around that guy should anything happen that made him try to exercise the “authority” he may think he has.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

VoiceofReason wrote:I don’t think I would have said anything to the guy. The fact he was wearing that badge speaks to his intelligence or lack thereof.

I would not want to be around that guy should anything happen that made him try to exercise the “authority” he may think he has.
Does that second sentence make any sense? :headscratch I am tired. Good night. :yawn
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Abraham
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Abraham »

VOR,

I understood what you were saying.

It would be instructive for batman to read a print out of these pages...

Frankly, I think anyone loopy enough to pin on a CHL badge/holster for all to see - makes me wonder about his mental health.

We don't know that he has a CHL, but any bonehead can buy a CHL badge/holster and parade around...

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Have y'all thought that he might be an anti-gun person in drag? :biggrinjester:

Piney

Post by Piney »

I always get a chuckle when folks report seeing The Badge being worn-- keep 'em coming !

Return to “Never Again!!”