Saw my first one tonight.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

E10
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Saw my first one tonight.

Post by E10 »

Didja ever think that this guy might NOT actually have a CHL? Maybe he's a wannabe who couldn't pass the background check or, worse yet, the range qual. Is there a law against impersonating a CHL?

gigag04
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gigag04 »

I would've said something.

Was he wearing socks with the sandals? I might've said something about THAT too.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Abraham
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Abraham »

Hang on now.

Black socks and sandals are a (repulsive) fashion statement for fat, middle age German men.

Ah, and throw in a few Slavic types too.

bauer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bauer »

Abraham wrote:Hang on now.

Black socks and sandals are a (repulsive) fashion statement for fat, middle age German men.

It is a terrible fashion statement for anyone.
R.I.P SSG Ward 6 Apr 2013
"Garry Owen"

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

If they weren't so expensive, I would buy one and put it on my uniform shirt one day for line up and see if anybody noticed the difference.

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Post by C-dub »

texanjoker wrote:If they weren't so expensive, I would buy one and put it on my uniform shirt one day for line up and see if anybody noticed the difference.
That would be so funny. I would crack up laughing so hard if I ever noticed one on a LEO.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Abraham wrote:Hang on now.

uh, no. Sometimes us "fat middle aged German men or Slavic types" have poor circulation and require compression stockings or socks. Fashion isn't an issue. Black and Tan predominate as color choices, although one company did begin offering White last year. Sorry to have offended you...

NTEXChallengerCHL

Post by NTEXChallengerCHL »

Ok, so this is is the 2nd time I've read through this topic, the first time I got a good laugh. The 2nd time, I went and googled a CHL badge. When the results came in, I was shocked. I now completely understand how ridiculous/idiotic this is. Idk about that guy with the badge, but I was taught that it isa concealed license...not a "I can carry a gun and you cant license"...I digress. "rlol"
Proud 8th Generation Texan
Glock 26
40 days mailbox to mailbox

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

Okay, I cannot resist! You want a picture of someone with a CHL Badge. I'll give you one:

Normally, I would have digitized the face. However, this picture is posted on his public website.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

I would have been so fascinated, that I would just *have* to learn what made him tick. The only way to get a serious answer would be to ask him questions as if serious... but by being complimentary. I'd ask him with something like, "I'm considering getting a CHL, and that badge is a great idea! Where did you get it? When do you wear it? Should I get one? What do the police think about them?" etc...

I'd love to hear his responses. I'd also make sure I was at least getting an audio recording for good measure.

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Post by C-dub »

Interesting idea, but I don't think I could do it with a straight face.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

NTEXChallengerCHL

Post by NTEXChallengerCHL »

I'm really hoping that when people wear those badges they realize that that is just showing everyone you are more than likely carrying, and essentially making yourself a target. And I pray that no one that has one of them ever uses them like below demonstrates.

Proud 8th Generation Texan
Glock 26
40 days mailbox to mailbox

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Imagine if open carry passes.. I'll bet we will see them all over the place.

USGLOBALASSETS

Post by USGLOBALASSETS »

When I took my Nra classes we shot at a range owned by another instructor. He was CHL/NRA instructor. Two mags, cuffs, pistol, two Cell phone, and a CHL INSTRUCTOR badge. Wish I had a pic. Wonder if he could have fit anything else on that belt. :lol:

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

My BIL is a retired LEO. I'm getting him one of the CHL/Retired LEO sashes for his birthday!
http://dsmsafety.com/ccw.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course I have also left a Flamigo yard decoration in his garden (after listening to him gripe about the neighbor that had too many flamingoes) and a "kiss my backside" gnome at his back door over the years.

I love him, but he is an in-law and fair game...

BTW, he just moved across states and both the Flamigo and the gnome followed... :evil2:

"rlol"
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Return to “Never Again!!”