Cinemark "no guns allowed"

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cinemark "no guns allowed"

Post by MadMonkey »

chasfm11 wrote:Tinseltown in Grapevine is a Cinemark affiliate and I've never seen any sort of a sign there.
Me either. I usually either go there or to the Southlake Harkins theater... I avoid AMC anyway because Grapevine Mills is posted and I'm usually tempted to make a round through the mall when I'm there.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

testersbc

Post by testersbc »

have seen the sign at the cinemark in allen. it is not very big and it is at the ticket booth, last item on thier list. i am not going to be the one to tell them it is invalid. this is the only theater around mckinney that i like. so i still go.

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

carlson1 wrote:Everyone is correct. We don't want them to learn of the right wording.
Heck, even when they get the wording right, they still can't read the law (e.g AMC with their teeny tiny 30.06 stickers on the doors)
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

ctb5

Post by ctb5 »

dac1842 wrote:I agree with others, do not write, they may put up the correct signs. I disagree on your evaluation of the movie. My wife and went to see it, I was ready to walk out in about 10 minutes, she is a Les Miserables fanatic and even she walked out after about an hour of it. Surprised the heck out of me!
The movie had about a hour's worth of good parts in it, spread across nine hours (or so it seemed).

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

bikerbill wrote:I don't know if this is news to anybody but me ... my wife and I went to a Cinemark theater in Cedar Park today to see Les Miserables (it was excellent) and noticed as we bought our tickets that the theater had posted a list of a few things they didn't want you to do inside -- last on the list was "no firearms permitted."

This is the first time I remember seeing something like that at that theater, but my PM9 and I went in anyhow and escaped at the end of the flick without detection. I don't honor such signs, since they have no force of law, but I'm wondering if this is going to be a growing trend, even in states like Texas with hundreds of thousands of CHL holders.

I plan to drop a note to Cinemark later to tell them that we don't plan to frequent their theaters until that policy changes. I'm guessing it will do about as much good as writing Feinstein and trying to convince her how wrong she is.
I'll have to check the Cinemark here in Pflugerville....

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

I think that most gun buster signs are put up for insurance purposes.... we have a no guns policy but not really
don't educate the anti crowd or they might put up a valid sign
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Check it out, this is where you want to go for entertainment?

http://news.yahoo.com/colo-theater-shoo ... 20439.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 6

Post by chasfm11 »

Oldgringo wrote:Check it out, this is where you want to go for entertainment?

http://news.yahoo.com/colo-theater-shoo ... 20439.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nope. While it may be the same company, it is in the fast-becoming People's Republic of CO, to match the People's Republic of Cali. I don't attribute what happens in other States to what happens in Texas.

If and when the Cinemark it Texas posts a 30.06. they've seen the last of my business. I hope that families in Aurora take them to the cleaners for posting that theater. I'm not burdened by Liberal bias and it is pretty clear to me that the shooter (I refuse to name him) picked that theater because it was posted.

Often companies are actually groups of franchisees with some level of independent decision making on a local level. My expectation is that if gun bans where a corporate level policy, Tinseltown would have been posted years ago. I certainly could be wrong.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Wienerdogtroy

Post by Wienerdogtroy »

bikerbill wrote:I don't know if this is news to anybody but me ... my wife and I went to a Cinemark theater in Cedar Park today to see Les Miserables (it was excellent) and noticed as we bought our tickets that the theater had posted a list of a few things they didn't want you to do inside -- last on the list was "no firearms permitted."

This is the first time I remember seeing something like that at that theater, but my PM9 and I went in anyhow and escaped at the end of the flick without detection. I don't honor such signs, since they have no force of law, but I'm wondering if this is going to be a growing trend, even in states like Texas with hundreds of thousands of CHL holders.

I plan to drop a note to Cinemark later to tell them that we don't plan to frequent their theaters until that policy changes. I'm guessing it will do about as much good as writing Feinstein and trying to convince her how wrong she is.
I noticed it this weekend. Its not a valid sign. Ignore it. My right to not die in their theater trumps their nonlegal attempt to stop me. :fire

mloamiller
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mloamiller »

The Cinemarks in Mansfield, Cedar Hill and Grand Prairie are not posted (that I have seen, at least). The AMC at the Parks Mall (Arlington) is, which is why I don't go there any more.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

E10
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E10 »

Only one Cinemark in El Paso ('Tinseltown') in the far east is properly 30.06ed. The other two are not - they have just the 'No Firearms Allowed' notice posted with the other theater rules. My wife says it's because the Tinseltown location is owned by drug cartel bosses and they don't want anyone but cartel thugs carrying there. No matter to me - we don't go to movies at Tinseltown.

mlawler

Post by mlawler »

LOL!!! Went to that exact same Cinemark New Years Eve to see The Hobbit. Took 5 nephews & nieces! Damn straight I carried!!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I have seen those signs in every Cinemark theater I've been in. They are not posted on the doors, that I've seen, but rather on these little plastic stands inside the ticket booths that also have something about no-smoking and one other thing I cannot remember. I've seen them for more than the 10+ years I've had my CHL.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jlrockboy

Post by jlrockboy »

I have had my CHL for about a month now. After discovering TexasCHLforum, I now avoid any business that posts a gun free victims in side sign. I hope never to use my weapon, but if I need it, better to have it then wish I had it.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Speaking of cinemark. I go to the one in plano quite often. I noticed a few weeks ago that they have a cop standing in the entry lobby. I don't recall noticing this before. It sure made me feel a whole lot safer knowing a cop would be standing in the lobby in case some nut decided to start shooting up the theater some 500 yards away. :lol: it is amazing how little effort it takes to make the Sheeple feel all warm and fuzzy.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”