Al Jazeera buys Gore's Current TV, terms undisclosed

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Al Jazeera buys Gore's Current TV, terms undisclosed

Post by Oldgringo »

http://news.yahoo.com/al-jazeera-buys-c ... nance.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the same guy who invented the Internet and almost became POTUS a dozen years ago? Say it ain't so.
The current POTUS is from where.... :headscratch

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Al Jazeera buys Gore's Current TV, terms undisclosed

Post by Topbuilder »

Just what we need, another full-time enemy-propaganda channel. The attack from within continues.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

Topbuilder wrote:Just what we need, another full-time enemy-propaganda channel. The attack from within continues.

Can you elaborate? I watch Al-Jazeera in both Arabic and English. I also watch the US originated and funded Al-Arabiyya (24hrs Arabic News Channel) . Both carry news from the perspective of the those who live in Middle East and the US. If we do not understand the views of some 300 millions Arabs in the Middle East, then how can US formulate their foreign policy? How the 300+ millions of US citizen would understand what is going on that side of the world? How those 2 "nations" can understand each other and do mutually productive business?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

100 million
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... l-jazeera/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertain ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Beiruty wrote:
Topbuilder wrote:Just what we need, another full-time enemy-propaganda channel. The attack from within continues.

Can you elaborate? I watch Al-Jazeera in both Arabic and English. I also watch the US originated and funded Al-Arabiyya (24hrs Arabic News Channel) . Both carry news from the perspective of the those who live in Middle East and the US. If we do not understand the views of some 300 millions Arabs in the Middle East, then how can US formulate their foreign policy? How the 300+ millions of US citizen would understand what is going on that side of the world? How those 2 "nations" can understand each other and do mutually productive business?
From what I see most of those in the middle east do not understand us either. No offense intended. If they can't understand the views of 300 million Americans why do I care how/what they think of me?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Timing ...
Al (Gore) is probably avoiding some new tax by selling to Al (Jazeera)

Wonder what Al (Sharpton) is up to today, no news from him since ... yesterday

Is Mass Media doing News Alphabetically this year?
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

anygunanywhere wrote:If they can't understand the views of 300 million Americans why do I care how/what they think of me?

Anygunanywhere
Grumpy talk... I've read your stuff. You know the answer to that question.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Art_of_War" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Beiruty wrote:

From what I see most of those in the middle east do not understand us either. No offense intended. If they can't understand the views of 300 million Americans why do I care how/what they think of me?

Anygunanywhere
Al-Arabiyya is good start. How about starting a Foxnews in Arabic? If you do not show what US conservatism for Arabs (Who are socially conservative too) then, how said Arabs would understand What is USA is all about?!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

I thought that was what Current TV always has been!
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

fickman

Post by fickman »

They refused to sell to Glenn Beck because the "legacy of ownership" matters. So they took half a billion from Al-Jazeera instead.
Native Texian

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

People... Please keep in mind given the obscene profits involved for this transction it was done PRIOR to 2012 ending to save him from the huge tax increases he would face once we fell over the "cliff"

daveboyd

Post by daveboyd »

RPB wrote:Timing ...
Al (Gore) is probably avoiding some new tax by selling to Al (Jazeera)

Wonder what Al (Sharpton) is up to today, no news from him since ... yesterday

Is Mass Media doing News Alphabetically this year?
:iagree:

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Foreign owned cable tv channels. Are there others? Do American's own or control Cable TV channels in other countries? In the Middle East?
Would Al have turned down a foreign government? Is the buyer partially owned by any government?

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Topbuilder »

Beiruty wrote:

"Both carry news from the perspective of the those who live in Middle East and the US"

Sorry, I don't care. I Get the Arab view every day in the headlines. I'm about on overload. Some days I have to go to the back of the book just to see how it all ends.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Well have found out Al Jazeera is funded by Qatar government. Qatar is a big supporter of the US. But Qatar receives most of its income from the sale of hydrocarbons to the world. So the money to buy Al Gore's TV business came from the sale of hydrocarbons, which when burned emit CO2 gas into the atmosphere.

I consider CO2 gas to be a benign, helpful gas and not really anything to worry about, however, I believe Al has promoted the production, sale and burning of hydrocarbons and the resulting CO2 gas as something evil.

Return to “Off-Topic”