IL: Manager tells police no guns allowed

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

IL: Manager tells police no guns allowed

Post by RPBrown »

http://kplr11.com/2013/01/02/belleville ... om-dennys/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Denny's manager tells on duty police that they cannot carry their weapons inside the restaurant.

Manager is such a moron
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Manager tells police no guns allowed

Post by Oldgringo »

That is Illinois, 'nuff said.

SRH78

Post by SRH78 »

Oldgringo wrote:That is Illinois, 'nuff said.
You would think but it is actually Missouri.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

This is a great object lesson for anyone who believes it is possible to reason with hard core anti-gun Libs.

I wonder of the first manager is still working for Denny's? This maybe be a classic case of an ND through the foot by an unarmed person. :biggrinjester:
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

SRH78 wrote:
:oops: Yep, it does say Belleville, MO but I suspect it's Belleville, IL which is just up, and across, the river from St. Louis. Belleville, MO is clear across the state on the other side of Joplin.

Oh well, that sorta' stuff doesn't happen here...yet.

Addendum:

http://www.bnd.com/2013/01/02/2445286/b ... eases.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

I would bet NO officer goes back even after they said sorry, and if it is like a normal Dennys, that will hurt them in the pocket book. Glad the 2nd manager wanted them there, but that was too late after ruining their meal and embarrassing them. There are other places to eat on night shift and I would bet that nobody is going to frequent this place anymore. They lost their "free" security as most of those restaurants want the officers eating in the wee hours when all the drunks are out.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Keith B »

Oldgringo wrote:
SRH78 wrote:
:oops: Yep, it does say Belleville, MO but I suspect it's Belleville, IL which is just up, and across, the river from St. Louis. Belleville, MO is clear across the state on the other side of Joplin.

Oh well, that sorta' stuff doesn't happen here...yet.

Addendum:

http://www.bnd.com/2013/01/02/2445286/b ... eases.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The article is wrong. It was Belleville, IL. No Denny's in Belleville, MO as it is a very small town.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

RPBrown wrote:http://kplr11.com/2013/01/02/belleville ... om-dennys/

Denny's manager tells on duty police that they cannot carry their weapons inside the restaurant.

Manager is such a moron
The depth of stupidity has no bottom limit.

Someone digs the hole deeper every day.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

St Louis has a terrible murder rate of 40 per 100,000 (Houston is 11) Belleville is on the other side of the river. I always heard that on the other side of the river was much worse than St. Louis crime wise.

Illinois Dems are advancing a bill in the state legislature to ban almost all modern guns. Including pump action shotguns.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01 ... -warns-no/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope they all stay up there and don't come down here with their strange views when it is not safe up there anymore.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

philip964 wrote:St Louis has a terrible murder rate of 40 per 100,000 (Houston is 11) Belleville is on the other side of the river. I always heard that on the other side of the river was much worse than St. Louis crime wise.

Illinois Dems are advancing a bill in the state legislature to ban almost all modern guns. Including pump action shotguns.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01 ... -warns-no/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope they all stay up there and don't come down here with their strange views when it is not safe up there anymore.
East St. Louis (IL) is terrible, but Bellville is not too bad as you are farther east. St. Louis, MO in the city proper is terrible and rates as the number one most violent city. It has mainly to do with the north St. Louis area that is really bad. Lots of gangs and drugs. Going out into the burbs gets better, but things are starting to spread out some. :banghead:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

psijac

Post by psijac »

i have the feeling police response times to that dennys will be on the slow side
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

psijac wrote:i have the feeling police response times to that dennys will be on the slow side
I doubt it for an emergency. Being that this is a place where the public will be and the customer count will probably outnumber the staff, then they should be looking to respond rapidly. However, if it is a call on a customer walking out without paying.... :evil2:
Keith

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

The only people that this affects is the servers that usually make $3-$4 in tips on our $3-$4 half price meals.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

I have to applaud the manager for being one of the few ethical anti gun people in this country, by applying the same rule to tax payers and the publc servants paid with our tax dollars.

goose

Post by goose »

bayouhazard wrote:I have to applaud the manager for being one of the few ethical anti gun people in this country, by applying the same rule to tax payers and the publc servants paid with our tax dollars.
I often say that I don't hear a person's message until I see if they're walking the talk. He's walking the talk. I don't think that he's thought his talk all the way out, but I agree, it's better than hypocrisy.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Return to “Other States”