McCarthy files H.R. 138, a bill to ban magazines that hold m

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
oldtexan

McCarthy files H.R. 138, a bill to ban magazines that hold m

Post by oldtexan »

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ ... -magazines" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D, NY, filed H.R. 138, a bill entitled "High Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act, on Jan. 3rd. Rep. DeGette of CO is a co-sponsor. No text is available, but the bill has a page on both thomas.loc.gov and govtrack.us. H.R. 308, a bill by this same title filed by DeGette in the previous Congress, would have banned sales of new magazines capable of holding more than 10 rds.

I changed the title of the thread to reflect more accurately who filed it and to add the bill number.
Last edited by oldtexan on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Re: DeGette files proposed mag ban in House

Post by Oldgringo »

"DeGette co-authored the bill with New York Democratic Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy, whose husband was killed in a 1993 mass shooting on the Long Island Railroad. "
McCarthy's husband, et al, might still be alive if NYC allowed CHL; a thought apparently alien to Mrs. McCarthy and her ilk. It's painfully apparent that, in her twisted mind, the inanimate object was the murderer rather than the deranged human who was using an inanimate object to kill her husband, et al, in a moving 'Gun Free Zone'.

IIRC, her son was also wounded in this rampage.

Topic author
Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Don't read the comments unless you have a strong cardiovascular system or take meds to keep your blood pressure down...BTW, this was my favorite sentence from the article:
Those devices allow attackers to fire dozens of bullets without pausing to reload.
(Color emphasis mine).

Mind you, only ATTACKERS...not defenders, not people in competition shooting...nope, only ATTACKERS. The bulk of the so-called journalists in this nation are nothing more than propagandists.

Topic author
texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

You know, I agree with no mag's in the house. They should get to work solving the budget!

Oldgringo

Re: McCarthy files H.R. 138, a bill to ban magazines that ho

Post by Oldgringo »

Carolyn McCarthy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_McCarthy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"On December 7, 1993, her husband, Dennis, was killed and her son, Kevin, severely injured on a Long Island Rail Road commuter train at the Merillon Avenue station, when spree killer, Colin Ferguson, opened fire on passengers.[4] Ferguson killed six and wounded 19 others.[5] McCarthy responded to the crime by launching a campaign for more stringent gun control that eventually propelled her to Congress in 1996 on the Democratic ticket. She defeated freshman Republican Dan Frisa by a large margin."
Had her husband son been allowed to defend themselves, she might not be a widow today. So, she launched an attack on inanimate objects?

Topic author
Heartland Patriot

Oldgringo wrote:Carolyn McCarthy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_McCarthy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"On December 7, 1993, her husband, Dennis, was killed and her son, Kevin, severely injured on a Long Island Rail Road commuter train at the Merillon Avenue station, when spree killer, Colin Ferguson, opened fire on passengers.[4] Ferguson killed six and wounded 19 others.[5] McCarthy responded to the crime by launching a campaign for more stringent gun control that eventually propelled her to Congress in 1996 on the Democratic ticket. She defeated freshman Republican Dan Frisa by a large margin."
Had her husband son been allowed to defend themselves, she might not be a widow today. So, she launched an attack on inanimate objects?
Indeed, Oldgringo, she did exactly that. In many cases, I believe these people to know exactly what they are doing and to have very bad intentions. In her specific case, I think she is fixated and driven because her liberal-progressive ideals won't let her contemplate that some bad folks out there cannot be "helped" and that such a thing as evil exists and this puts her mentally at odds at "getting back at" the cause of her husband and son's death...and so she remains as ignorant as possible about firearms and self-defense ON PURPOSE...this is the "shoulder-thing-that-goes-up" woman. WE know the cause is the human being behind the machine (what if the dude who killed them had a sword under a long jacket and hacked them to death?)...she wants to blame the machine because her mind is messed up and she refuses to see the reality of it. I'm a mechanic not a psychiatrist, but that is just my opinion about it.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Carolyn McCarthy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_McCarthy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Indeed, Oldgringo, she did exactly that. In many cases, I believe these people to know exactly what they are doing and to have very bad intentions. In her specific case, I think she is fixated and driven because her liberal-progressive ideals won't let her contemplate that some bad folks out there cannot be "helped" and that such a thing as evil exists and this puts her mentally at odds at "getting back at" the cause of her husband and son's death...and so she remains as ignorant as possible about firearms and self-defense ON PURPOSE...this is the "shoulder-thing-that-goes-up" woman. WE know the cause is the human being behind the machine (what if the dude who killed them had a sword under a long jacket and hacked them to death?)...she wants to blame the machine because her mind is messed up and she refuses to see the reality of it. I'm a mechanic not a psychiatrist, but that is just my opinion about it.
That, and as I've said many times before, the really scary thing is the fact that she did not elect herself. They're everywhere, :eek6 they're everywhere.

Topic author
texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

In reading these various articles, nothing is clear. Will they will ban the sale of future magazines, ban new production or also ban any mags, and require us to surrender what we have.

Topic author
oldtexan

Post by oldtexan »

texanjoker wrote:In reading these various articles, nothing is clear. Will they will ban the sale of future magazines, ban new production or also ban any mags, and require us to surrender what we have.
No text of the actual bill was available when I started the thread, as was the case with all four bills filed by McCarthy on Jan 3. I haven't checked since late Friday because I doubt that the folks running the Thomas database work on weekends. The text of a previous version of the bill, with the same title, filed in the previous Congress as H.R. 308, in 2011 or 2012, required that new production mags over 10 rds would require serial numbers and that those serial numbered mags could not be sold to us mere citizens. H.R. 308 didn't mention magazines already in existence, IIRC, which would mean no Federal restriction on ownership or private transfers.

Topic author
Heartland Patriot

And with 10-round magazines, the little goblins who want to harm others will simply practice changing mags more rapidly and carry a bag full of them...ban the guns, and they will buy them in back-alley deal...or move on to other deadly methods if they can't figure out how to get a gun...for anyone who hasn't done so, look up the Bath Township Massacre...see what vile deeds that man did with little involvement of firearms.

Return to “Federal”