KUDOS TO CROSSBREED HOLSTERS

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
eureka40
Posts in topic: 2

KUDOS TO CROSSBREED HOLSTERS

Post by eureka40 »

I bought my first Crossbreed Super Tuck about 3 years ago. I've worn that holster every day without fail. A few weeks ago the Kydex began to crack at the top of the well, so I sent it back to Crossbreed to be covered under the lifetime warranty.

Crossbreed sent back a brand new holster even though I thought the leather was still good. Nice and soft and "broken in". I thought they would just replace the Kydex part, but I received a brand new one instead. That's outstanding customer service in my book.

Anyone looking for a great holster and great customer service would do well to get a Crossbreed. I have 2 of them now and would recommend them as +100. Just my 2 cents.
TSRA Life Memeber

SATX-Scrub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: KUDOS TO CROSSBREED HOLSTERS

Post by SATX-Scrub »

I love my crossbreed, and I'm glad their CS is second to none!
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

daveboyd

Post by daveboyd »

I have never regretted buying my Crossbreed SuperTuck.

A-R
Posts in topic: 3

Post by A-R »

eureka40 wrote:Crossbreed sent back a brand new holster even though I thought the leather was still good. Nice and soft and "broken in". I thought they would just replace the Kydex part, but I received a brand new one instead. That's outstanding customer service in my book.
I'm not knocking their CS at all - first rate, for sure. But this is a design issue - the kydex on CB holsters is riveted to the leather, making removal/replacement nearly impossible. This is one aspect of the Comp Tac version of same holster design that I like better - ability to user replace/swap the kydex bodies with just the turn of a few screws.

Topic author
eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

That's a cool option for sure A-R. The Comp Tac is a great holster also. There are so many good choices out there.

We all win because of it. :thumbs2:
TSRA Life Memeber

Wodathunkit

Post by Wodathunkit »

I just got my CB ST delivered yesterday, been wearing it all day today :razz:

Feels like I've been wearing it for years!
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

How is that vs a regular in the waist band holster. I dont care for IWB, but that looked interesting.

A-R

Post by A-R »

Eureka, I agree both are great holsters - just different enough to give two great options

Tj, these holsters are phenomenal - basically my first, second, and third choice for CC options. Night and day difference in comfort from older IWB carry styles. The large leather backing and twin belt loops/clips of this style really distributes weight and reduces pressure points. I routinely carry full-size semi autos in my Comp Tac - Glock 17, S&W M&P45.

And the "tuckable" ability is useful and workable solution (requires some draw practice) when an untucked shirt won't look right.

This video shows the potential (Sig 229 I believe)
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

My first one is due to arrive this Saturday. I've been wearing a Galco Summer Comfort (non-tuckable) since I got my CHL, and I'm looking forward to reporting back to you on the difference this Crossbreed makes.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

A-R

Post by A-R »

Vol Texan wrote:My first one is due to arrive this Saturday. I've been wearing a Galco Summer Comfort (non-tuckable) since I got my CHL, and I'm looking forward to reporting back to you on the difference this Crossbreed makes.
That's exactly the conversion I made about 3-4 years ago ... sold the Galco on eBay and never looked back

daveboyd

Post by daveboyd »

A-R wrote:Eureka, I agree both are great holsters - just different enough to give two great options

Tj, these holsters are phenomenal - basically my first, second, and third choice for CC options. Night and day difference in comfort from older IWB carry styles. The large leather backing and twin belt loops/clips of this style really distributes weight and reduces pressure points. I routinely carry full-size semi autos in my Comp Tac - Glock 17, S&W M&P45.

And the "tuckable" ability is useful and workable solution (requires some draw practice) when an untucked shirt won't look right.

This video shows the potential (Sig 229 I believe)
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I haven't tried to tuck and CC yet. I will have to play around with different cants to see what will work best with my Glock 19.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”