Six Flags Arlington.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
1s1k52
Posts in topic: 2

Six Flags Arlington.

Post by 1s1k52 »

SO the Mrs purchased season passes to six flags after wanting them for the last couple of years her and my in laws got some sort of group thing or whatever. I knew it was 30.06 and had metal detectors plus it is Arlington so I have always avoided the place. As usual all the efforts to "control" gun zones only effects the law abiding citizens.

First I will add we had our 2 year old daughter. Both of us in heavy clothing. One bag in her hand. The lady pushed our daughter THROUGH the stroller section with us on the other side as I was preparing to scan and move through the detector. Not seeing us our daughter IMMEDIATELY freaked out.

I am trying to scamper through the detector to get to her with everything metal off of me or so I thought. After 3 passes through I told them I had nothing left but my belt. The guy asked if my boots were steel toe. Since my answer was yes I was asked to lift up my pants on both feet. I did so and was allowed to move on. That was last week.

Today I made a point to wear sneakers and plan to take off my belt. I still set it off due to my buttons on my jacket. How did I discover this? After going back and forth I took off my jacket and handed it to the lady and walked through no problems.

Whats my point to all this? both times I could have gotten a firearm in. Either in my coat they didn't even bother to search or in a shoulder holster hidden in my sweatshirt that was under my coat. Needless to say I didn't try and we all had fun both days and are safe. However, between feeling like someone could have slipped through and not seeing ANY armed personnel inside I was pretty much dissatisfied with their idea of a "safe" environment. I understand I am the idiot that chose to visit their establishment but seems to me if they are going to have security checks that are lame and pointless at least let LEGAL people carry their guns in!
(insert clever signature here)

tommyg

Re: Six Flags Arlington.

Post by tommyg »

Most security has holes in it you could easily get around. A lot of security
is only a placebo (sugar pill) to make people feel secure when they are not .

This is most apparent in Gun Free Zones since there are no honest folks with
guns to back up the in place security when it fails. Gun free protects criminals :???:

Six flags is a good example of this placebo
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

DLBConductor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DLBConductor »

The placebo effect doesn't work very well. The restaurant parking lot in Waco (TX), where I was almost carjacked on December 11, had signs, "This parking lot is under video surveillance." When I asked the manager for copies of the video, she said, "Oh, we don't actually have any cameras, the signs are just to frighten the BGs away." YEAH! RIGHT! THE TWO BGs WERE REAL FRIGHTENED AS THEY TRIED TO GRAB ME AND TAKE MY CAR.

I came within 2 seconds of having to decide whether or not to fire my XD9sc. Fortunately, I escaped in my car without harm and without having to fire my weapon. I told the manager that I thought posting the signs was being very dishonest with their customers.
[12/10/2011: CHL Class - 100 Written and 240 Range][01/14/2012: Plastic - 31 Days!]
[NRA Life Member][TSRA Life Member][CHL]

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Doesn't Six Flags fall under the Amusement Park provision/ban? And yes I know that only applies to us law abiding citizens.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

Maxwell wrote:Doesn't Six Flags fall under the Amusement Park provision/ban? And yes I know that only applies to us law abiding citizens.
(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.
They must post the 30.06, and they do. :grumble
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

1s1k52 wrote:Whats my point to all this? both times I could have gotten a firearm in. Either in my coat they didn't even bother to search or in a shoulder holster hidden in my sweatshirt that was under my coat. Needless to say I didn't try and we all had fun both days and are safe. However, between feeling like someone could have slipped through and not seeing ANY armed personnel inside I was pretty much dissatisfied with their idea of a "safe" environment. I understand I am the idiot that chose to visit their establishment but seems to me if they are going to have security checks that are lame and pointless at least let LEGAL people carry their guns in!
[Captain Obvious]
All 30.06 signs are merely theater. They do nothing to stop anyone who is a REAL threat and who wants to get a gun into the park for evil purposes.
[/Captain Obvious]

It doesn't really matter how deep your security is, there is always somebody trained enough and capable enough to defeat it if they were so inclined. Not to mention that some things require nothing more than a total doofus with a gun to execute..........John Hinckley, Jr. comes to mind..........and then even a coterie of protective agents armed with Uzis are unable to stop the shooting from taking place, and can only react after it has happened.

This is one of the reasons why I have a CHL in the first place. You can't even depend on paid armed security. Rosie O'Donnell and Michael Moore's armed security notwithstanding, it is a false security. In the end, the only security you can rely on is God, and after that yourself. Signs aren't worth a cup of urine.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Mr Annoyed Man :iagree: with you
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Topic author
1s1k52

Post by 1s1k52 »

DLBConductor wrote:The placebo effect doesn't work very well. The restaurant parking lot in Waco (TX), where I was almost carjacked on December 11, had signs, "This parking lot is under video surveillance." When I asked the manager for copies of the video, she said, "Oh, we don't actually have any cameras, the signs are just to frighten the BGs away." YEAH! RIGHT! THE TWO BGs WERE REAL FRIGHTENED AS THEY TRIED TO GRAB ME AND TAKE MY CAR.

I came within 2 seconds of having to decide whether or not to fire my XD9sc. Fortunately, I escaped in my car without harm and without having to fire my weapon. I told the manager that I thought posting the signs was being very dishonest with their customers.
I'm glad everything turned out OK for you. Thanks for sharing your experience. It's things like this that would make the news tragically. It does not fit their agenda.
(insert clever signature here)

fickman

Post by fickman »

The Annoyed Man wrote:All 30.06 signs are merely theater.
:iagree:

. . . and another character in the play is bag-checks-using-popsicle-sticks-at-sporting-events.
Native Texian

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”