3006 Sign question.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Bugler
Posts in topic: 1

3006 Sign question.

Post by Bugler »

Are white letters on clear glass considered "contrasting" for this sign?

Teamless

Re: 3006 Sign question.

Post by Teamless »

I think the easy answer is could you read them?
If you could read them, then they are valid (assuming they fit all other aspects of the 30.06 posting rules)
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

That has been the debate for a long time.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

They shouldn't be, but they are.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Kinda depends on the backdrop. Black wall? Or white wall? As Teamless said, if you have read it and seen it and the letter size and wording are right, then I would say you have been notified.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Matt78665

Post by Matt78665 »

The real question is are you willing to take a ride downtown in a police car or are you just not going to go to those places? Some places like hospitals in my area cannot be avoided when needed. I find I can avoid most others.
"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
St. Augustine

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

I visited a friend at MCA in Arlington a couple of weeks ago. While walking in, I was looking for a 30.06 but did not see one, so I carried on in. On my way out, I saw the back of the white letters of a 30.06 on a glass door at the entrance. As you come in, the wall behind that glass is white, so I never saw the letters. As you leave, the background is darker (outside, trees, cars, etc.). I still just caught a glimpse, but it was enough to recognize what it said.

Not sure what would have happened had I been stopped while in the hospital.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

Bugler wrote:Are white letters on clear glass considered "contrasting" for this sign?
There have been many discussions about this topic. Since the purpose of contrasting colors is to make the sign readily readable, I vote "Yes".

IMO, trying to convince a jury or judge that they aren't would be a hard sell. If I were the defense attorney I would call in expert witnesses - such as a physicist, printer, graphic designer, typographer, artist and maybe a psychic. :rules:
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

WildBill wrote:
Bugler wrote:Are white letters on clear glass considered "contrasting" for this sign?
There have been many discussions about this topic. I vote "Yes".

IMO, trying to convince a jury or judge that they aren't would be a hard sell. If I were the defense attorney I would have to call in expert witnesses - such as a physicist, printer, graphic designer, typographer and artist. :rules:
...and the Defendant's banker. :roll:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote:
WildBill wrote:
There have been many discussions about this topic. I vote "Yes".

IMO, trying to convince a jury or judge that they aren't would be a hard sell. If I were the defense attorney I would have to call in expert witnesses - such as a physicist, printer, graphic designer, typographer and artist. :rules:
...and the Defendant's banker. :roll:
The only color the banker can see is green. "rlol"
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”