Helping A New CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
daveboyd
Posts in topic: 2

Helping A New CHL

Post by daveboyd »

A friend of mine's wife paid for his CHL class for Christmas but he doesn't have a handgun yet. I was honored that he asked to borrow one of mine for his class tomorrow. Hopefully he won't teach the old Glock bad habits. It is used to shooting 250's. I'll be sending him the link to this site later tonight since it is such a good resource. Keep up the good work guys. :cheers2:

grumble
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Helping A New CHL

Post by grumble »

daveboyd wrote:A friend of mine's wife paid for his CHL class for Christmas but he doesn't have a handgun yet. I was honored that he asked to borrow one of mine for his class tomorrow. Hopefully he won't teach the old Glock bad habits. It is used to shooting 250's. I'll be sending him the link to this site later tonight since it is such a good resource. Keep up the good work guys. :cheers2:
Enjoy seeing folks helping to bring others into the fold. :tiphat:

Just a quick question that popped into my head: Have you been out to the range with this friend and feel confident that he is proficient enough with a handgun to let him borrow yours? You just didn't mention having been shooting with him. Hope all goes well with his class.
Who are my congressmen again? http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us

Topic author
daveboyd
Posts in topic: 2

Post by daveboyd »

I haven't shot with him personally, but I know he has spent some time on the range with some close friends that I train with as a PPO. He is also former military and has a solid background handling sidearms as well as long guns. I did spend some time going through the finer points of the Glock in my dining room and ensured that he followed safe handling practices when I handed him the pistol for the first time. Even though he had seen me perform a safety check several times, he performed one himself as soon as he had the pistol.

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

I'm all for helping new shooters / CHL applicants, but you are a better man than me! I would never lend a pistol out to someone without me being there! Anyone is welcome to try out anything I have, but I will be there. Might just be me though...I'm a little OCD. :thumbs2:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

as above, I would lend it, but I would also take him/her to the range first, to be sure they knew MY gun, not just 'any old gun'
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”