Guns Across America

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Bennies
Posts in topic: 3

Guns Across America

Post by Bennies »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A co worker of mine is trying to put together a rally to show support for our second amendmant rights. He is trying to make it a nation wide march. It is only 36 hours in the making but it would be great to get some forum members to come! If you are interested please come and bring friends and family!

January 19th @ noon
Austin Texas
GOA member
NRA member
TSRA member
Glock 23 w/Crossbreed Supertuck

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Guns Across America

Post by Jumping Frog »

Bennies wrote:

A co worker of mine is trying to put together a rally to show support for our second amendmant rights. He is trying to make it a nation wide march. It is only 36 hours in the making but it would be great to get some forum members to come! If you are interested please come and bring friends and family!

January 19th @ noon
Austin Texas
Better to have no rally, than to have a disorganized one with 8 or 9 people showing up. A half-baked attempt will simply show weakness.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Jumping Frog wrote:
Bennies wrote:

January 19th @ noon
Austin Texas
Better to have no rally, than to have a disorganized one with 8 or 9 people showing up. A half-baked attempt will simply show weakness.
Yeah, we don't get the benefit of careful camera angles and artful lies from the mass media the way liberal-progressives do. Not saying we don't need a rally, but it needs to be done RIGHT.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

If Mrs. Anygunanywhere and I are in La Grange on the 19th I will be there. Since I am not on facebook and never plan on doing so please keep the forum updated.

Also, please let us know if we can bring accessories like our ARs slung over our shoulders.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
Bennies

Post by Bennies »

There has been a few more people on face book confirming they will partcipate. In addition Eric told me he has landed an interview with a talk show host named Steve Ause who wants to put the word out. There are now 25 states who have had grassroots organizers step up to rally in their state capitals. Who knows hopefully it can pick up momentum.

In regards to the long guns..... The only stipulation is that this must be a 100% legal demonstration. So since this is Texas it should be ok. I guess the only thing would be the possibility that the media would try to twist that image to try and skew public opinion making the protesters seem keen on violence. I know that would not be the case but you know the media. But I am not aware of any request that long guns be left elsewhere.
GOA member
NRA member
TSRA member

Topic author
Bennies

Post by Bennies »

I talked to the organizer and recieved clarification on the long gun issue. It is requested that long guns NOT be displayed during the demonstration. The thought process behind this is strictly public relations. The media will simply use those imagines in a negative way hurting gun owners reputation more than helping.

Concealed carry is ENCOURAGED!

According to the Florida organizer their might be attendance over the thousands mark. We would love to see that in Austin!
GOA member
NRA member
TSRA member

Return to “Off-Topic”