What a Buzz Ruiner!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

What a Buzz Ruiner!

Post by anygunanywhere »

Just now Mrs. Anygunanywhere and I were jolted to an alert reality when ALL of the smoke alarms in our house went off.

Fire in the fireplace is at embers. Could not see any smoke in the house.

She checked the little heater in our master bath.

We had candles burning on the kitchen island.

I figgered out what it was.

There is no breeze now in La Grange. Still as it can get.

I have the grill lit warming up for my sausage appetizer. The grill is burning off stuff from our New Years cornish game hens. The smoke is entering the attic through the soffit vents. The smoke reached the smoke detectors through the attic. They are obviously touchy little suckers.

Kind of gives me a warm fuzzy they will work when needed but it is a little annoying right now.

Took a fan to the back porch to move the air.

Back to my bourbon and sausage.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What a Buzz Ruiner!

Post by C-dub »

Bourbon, huh. I might have to try a little of that in my next batch of chili. I may do that next weekend. I don't know if I can wait for the super bowl.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jimlongley »

Are your detectors all wired together on your AC system? Probably why ALL the detectors went off, not necessarily a bad thing, one detector trips and they all go off.

A few decades ago our fire department fought a fire where a young teenage girl faced serious injury and death and just by pure luck escaped. The smoke alarm in the front room of the house went off faithfully in response to the kitchen fire she started by leaving a pan on the burner and forgetting it, but the girl had gone into her room and turned the stereo up loud and promptly forgot her tomato soup, and never heard the smoke alarm go off. If the alarms in the house were interconnected (unusual in those days) the one in her room would have gone off and she would not have had to be pulled out the back window.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

jimlongley wrote:Are your detectors all wired together on your AC system? Probably why ALL the detectors went off, not necessarily a bad thing, one detector trips and they all go off.

A few decades ago our fire department fought a fire where a young teenage girl faced serious injury and death and just by pure luck escaped. The smoke alarm in the front room of the house went off faithfully in response to the kitchen fire she started by leaving a pan on the burner and forgetting it, but the girl had gone into her room and turned the stereo up loud and promptly forgot her tomato soup, and never heard the smoke alarm go off. If the alarms in the house were interconnected (unusual in those days) the one in her room would have gone off and she would not have had to be pulled out the back window.
You very well may be correct because they are all connected to something. I have to unplug them to get them down to change the battery.

Thanks for the info!

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Off-Topic”