Bank freeze "You Should Not Be Selling Guns On Internet”

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Bank freeze "You Should Not Be Selling Guns On Internet”

Post by RPB »

BofA Freezes Licensed Gun Manufacturer’s Deposits “We Believe You Should Not Be Selling Guns On The Internet”
On January 4, 2013,
Masked adult language warning
http://www.ironicsurrealism.com/2013/01 ... -internet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On December 29, the owner of American Spirit Arms; Joe Sirochman relayed this chilling news via Facebook:
Manufacturers back logged for months , large revenue all generated in the last two weeks …. American Spirit Arms is no exception to the overwhelming demand . What we have experienced is that our web site orders have jumped 500 % causing our web site E commerce processing larger Deposits to BANK OF AMERICA ..Well, this through up a huge RED Flag with Bank of America .
Bank deposits were on hold for FURTHER REVIEW …

HER EXACT WORDS WERE …
..” WE BELIEVE YOU SHOULD NOT BE SELLING GUNS and PARTS ON THE INTERNET “
Last edited by RPB on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Bank freeze "You Should Not Be Selling Guns On Internet”

Post by Dave2 »

Who says banks get a say in the customers' business?

(Seriously... Are they allowed to do this?)
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

one place comes to mind. paypal they pulled the same type of stuff
yet one more reason to hate b of a

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

The credit card we use most often is a BofA. Looks like its time to do a balance transfer and cancel a card! And I'll be sure to tell them why.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JALLEN »

Anybody dumb enough to patronize Bank of America is asking for this kind of nonsense.

Unless you have a need to occasionally borrow $500 million or something, why would anyone keep a dime at B of A, Chase, Wells Fargo or any of the other too-big-to-fail outfits. There can't be any disadvantage to using smaller local or community banks or credit unions for all but the really huge business operations.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

cheezit wrote:one place comes to mind. paypal they pulled the same type of stuff
yet one more reason to hate b of a
They're not a bank, though.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I wonder if they tell the drug dealers and pimps the same thing?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

I would be suing for damages and interest.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

A-R

Post by A-R »

Jim Beaux wrote:I would be suing for damages and interest.
THIS

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

This story is at least 8 months old. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bankofamerica.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Oldgringo wrote:This story is at least 8 months old. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bankofamerica.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The company in the OP's link is a different one that the snopes account. All the more reason to stop doing business with them. I'm sure it happens more than we hear about.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I had heard a long time ago that Chase Bank was guilty of the same practices. But when I bought my Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle a couple of months ago (from an FFL in Pennsylvania), I paid with a Chase card and the transaction went through with no problem. When I asked the guy at the FFL about it, he said that they never have problem with Chase transactions. Go figure.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JALLEN »

Oldgringo wrote:This story is at least 8 months old. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bankofamerica.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I recall the incident with McMillan. Snopes is full of prunes. Bank of America cited as proof of their support of firearms manufacturing the deal with Freedom Group, Inc. Rubbish! Freedom Group is owned by Cerebus, a private equity outfit that used to own Chrysler and a bunch of other stuff, whose investors include the California pension plan, notorious for idiotic politically motivated investments.

I think it happened the way McMillan said it did, and have not seen anything credible to contradict that version of events.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

JALLEN wrote:
I recall the incident with McMillan. Snopes is full of prunes. Bank of America cited as proof of their support of firearms manufacturing the deal with Freedom Group, Inc. Rubbish! Freedom Group is owned by Cerebus, a private equity outfit that used to own Chrysler and a bunch of other stuff, whose investors include the California pension plan, notorious for idiotic politically motivated investments.

I think it happened the way McMillan said it did, and have not seen anything credible to contradict that version of events.
Okay

txjim42

Post by txjim42 »

Most of my family has already pulled the plug on BofA and other big banks. Support your local credit union.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace.
Thomas Paine

Return to “Off-Topic”