After The Ban - Who Can You Trust?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 9

After The Ban - Who Can You Trust?

Post by anygunanywhere »

Let's just suspend reality for a moment and assume that the gun ban has been in place for two weeks. The goberment in all of their efficient manner is still trying to set up the logistics to support the pustule's executive orders. The pustule decides that things are no progressing fast enough so he urges all safety minded pustule worshippers to rat out the criminals who are not planning on complying with his EO.

Let's develop an imaginary citizen, Ruger Wesson Winchester, RW for short. He and his wife and three offspring (mix of boys and girls) live in middle class neighborhood in small town Texas. RW is a life NRA and TSRA, a veteran. He has a CHL as does Mrs. Winchester. She shoots too. So do the kiddoes. Gun family.

RW has a mix of firearms in a safe. He owns a few ARs but is far and away not a prolific owner. He has his packing EDC as does the missus. A few plinkers and shootguns for hunting and a deer rifle or two.

The family is active socially and are very active with their kiddoes.

At a school event, Mr and Mrs RWS are at the school stadium watching one of their children compete. Sitting in the row in front of them are some aquaintances, Mr and Mrs Algore Jarrett Feinstein-Pelosi. They know each other through various small town events.

During a lull in the action Mr F-P turns around to RW and says "I am glad that pustule took decisive action and is removing guns from the streets. I feel safer already." RW ignores the comment.

Mrs F-P looks at Mrs RW and says "I saw you at the butcher shop the other day picking up some wild game your family shot last year. Too bad (snork) you have to turn in your guns so you can't kill any more bambis. Mrs RW ignores her too.

Mr F-P makes another stab. "YOu know, it is no secret that you are a gun nut. I seen you at that DU banquet at the Holiday Inn. I was there eating with Mrs F-P at the buffet. They have a great tofu buffet. My friend says he seen you at a Friends of the NRA dinner a few years back. He told me no way is he going to jail so he is registering all his guns and will give them up if they ask. I hope you are going to do the same cause it is for the chilrdren dontchaknow."

Mr. RW looks at him and says "I will do what I have to do". Nothing more.

A few days late Mr Feinstein=Pelosi calls the 800 number and turns in Mr RW. No real reason, He wants a safe town and it is for the children.

Two weeks later BATFE jackboots kick down MR RW's door. The pustule has declared that there needs to be some examples set so compliance will go easier.

You can imagine what the rest of their lives is like.

WHO ARE YOU GOING TO TRUST?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Re: After The Ban - Who Can You Trust?

Post by anygunanywhere »

AndyC wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Two weeks later BATFE jackboots kick down MR RW's door.
So, in your story, how many bodybags were filled?
I left it to everyone's imagination.

They did have a little furry yapper that got stomped.

Remember Waco. Remember Ruby Ridge. Remeber Katrina.

Need I go on?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

AndyC wrote:
I think that would be a factor of how many raids had already been conducted. I agree with Paul Howe that they'd get away with the first few...but after that...?

ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ajwakeboarder »

I posted this in another thread, but read Matthew Bracken's "Enemies Foreign and Domestic". Basically the same thing is addressed. Citizens can collect a reward by turning in their neighbors who have "illegal" guns.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

ajwakeboarder wrote:I posted this in another thread, but read Matthew Bracken's "Enemies Foreign and Domestic". Basically the same thing is addressed. Citizens can collect a reward by turning in their neighbors who have "illegal" guns.
Great book.

Read Unintended Consequences by John Ross.

Anygunanywhere

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mamabearCali »

I think we could see a sudden culture of silence and shunning. Quite honestly I know who amoungst my friends that I can talk with and not, and you can bet I will no longer be giving 2nd amendment lessons post ban. If things go crazy, I will not have the afore mentioned conversation because I would not continue speaking with her. Resistance to a tyrannical govt requires judicious conversation. If this nightmare goes down, do not give way to idle talk. Speak only when you are amoungst friends and you know you are safe.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tbrown »

We often talk about being the first to call 911. Maybe we should think about being proactive and calling the 800 number to drop a dime on Mr. F-P first. For bonus points, there are ways to make it look like the tip came from one of Mr. F-P's fellow travelers, or a drug house the locals are too busy to bust. :evil2:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

mamabearCali wrote:I think we could see a sudden culture of silence and shunning. Quite honestly I know who amoungst my friends that I can talk with and not, and you can bet I will no longer be giving 2nd amendment lessons post ban. If things go crazy, I will not have the afore mentioned conversation because I would not continue speaking with her. Resistance to a tyrannical govt requires judicious conversation. If this nightmare goes down, do not give way to idle talk. Speak only when you are amoungst friends and you know you are safe.
Even family relationships will be strained.

One of my D-I-L is a staunch anti. I do not trust her. She can be the vindictive sort like her parents.

Anygunanywhere

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

tbrown wrote:We often talk about being the first to call 911. Maybe we should think about being proactive and calling the 800 number to drop a dime on Mr. F-P first. For bonus points, there are ways to make it look like the tip came from one of Mr. F-P's fellow travelers, or a drug house the locals are too busy to bust. :evil2:
One thing fer sure, it ain't gonna be pretty.

Anygunanywhere

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Confusion to our enemies! :cheers2:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mamabearCali »

anygunanywhere wrote:
mamabearCali wrote:I think we could see a sudden culture of silence and shunning. Quite honestly I know who amoungst my friends that I can talk with and not, and you can bet I will no longer be giving 2nd amendment lessons post ban. If things go crazy, I will not have the afore mentioned conversation because I would not continue speaking with her. Resistance to a tyrannical govt requires judicious conversation. If this nightmare goes down, do not give way to idle talk. Speak only when you are amoungst friends and you know you are safe.
Even family relationships will be strained.

One of my D-I-L is a staunch anti. I do not trust her. She can be the vindictive sort like her parents.

Anygunanywhere

I am in the same boat. My husbands entire side is very anti. They are good people and love their son, so at this time I am not terribly worried. However I am sure they would apply pressure to my DH to try and get him to comply. Not worried about him, but rather if things got nasty what might be inadvertently said. They are talking with a neighbor.....worried....the neighbor calls it in. I think a judicious lie would be advantageous to out everyone at ease.

However it would make family gatherings all the more stressful and likely much shorter visits.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

hpcatx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hpcatx »

anygunanywhere wrote:Even family relationships will be strained.

I have several close members of my family that are antis (and liberal Democrats who voted for Obama), but fortunately none that live under my roof. At least I know that they would never act in a manner that would put me in jeopardy with any authorities, even if they strongly disagree with me on the RKBA/2A. I am sorry that your DIL cannot be trusted to behave the same way. When family cannot be trusted, on whom can one rely? This reminds me of descriptions of the American Revolution or Civil War, where families were torn apart over similar differences of rights and morals.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Along that train of thought ...

Though legal to mow the yard with my gun hanging out on my own property, as I did last Summer, I won't for a while.
Probably isn't an issue at all *where I live* but ... all things legal are not always prudent. (I did see one car with an Obama sticker in town 2 weeks ago, which is a real oddity here; might be a visitor from out of town)
NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors
[youtube][/youtube]

Next Summer ... I may mow with a revolver instead of a *bazillion capacity Hi-magazine Clip Glock Military Assault LASERIZED pistol with a BLACK HANDLE GRIPPY THING AND AN ASSAULT LIGHT-HOLDING RAIL THINGY*
(oh my; it has that dangerous thing ummm a recoil spring, just like the army guns have too; they have cautions about those dangerous things, you could put an eye out with one)
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AndyC wrote:
Exactly. I'm prone to quote Trooper Padgett at times like this: "LEEEEEEROYYYYY JEN-KIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!!!!!!!!!!" :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”