After The Ban - Who Can You Trust?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: After The Ban - Who Can You Trust?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

anygunanywhere wrote:
handog wrote:What's a pustule :headscratch
Current occupant of the white house.

Anygunanywhere

Stop this crap now!!! I want rational discussions on the Forum, not something others can point to and argue gun owners are all a bunch of knuckle-draggers.

Chas.

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 9

Post by anygunanywhere »

Yes sir.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

anygunanywhere wrote:Yes sir.

Anygunanywhere
I came on too strong and I apologize. I just got off the phone with the most obnoxious jerk and I should have stayed away from the keyboard for a while.

Again, I apologize.
Chas.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 6

Post by VMI77 »

mamabearCali wrote:
VMI77 wrote:After reading Matt Bracken's latest I realize how foolish and simplistic my response was. Supposedly, no one can withstand waterboarding, so when the Feds start waterboarding your friends and family to find out where weapons are stashed, "trust" will be irrelevant.
If the Feds are water boarding our family and friends we had better understand where we are at. Our govt, then considers itself at war with us so we had better act accordingly. It is no longer a legitimate authority and must be resisted. One does not then wait at home for a visit from the black SUV's with a ho hum attitude. Move, get going, try to place your family in relative safety (no where is really safe then, but do your best), then be prepared to give your life to try to give them freedom. Either do that or retreat to Mexico where rule of law means nearly nothing and try to become invisible for as long as you can.
I should make one thought clear: ultimately we have to trust someone, as many others have said: we can either hang together, or most assuredly, we will all hang separately.

That said, can you be sure you'll know if people are being waterboarded? The government already executes things like sneak and peak warrants without out telling people, and conducts searches and seizures where those on whom the warrants were served are under gag orders. I'm sure any waterboarding with come will a "national security" gag order, and threats of severe punishment for anyone who talks. And you know the media is going to deny it's happening as long as The One is at the helm.
Last edited by VMI77 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Yes sir.

Anygunanywhere
I came on too strong and I apologize. I just got off the phone with the most obnoxious jerk and I should have stayed away from the keyboard for a while.

Again, I apologize.
Chas.
No problem, Charles. If I cross the line all you have to do is say so.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

VMI77 wrote:
I should make one thought clear: ultimately we have to trust someone, as many others have said: we can either hang together, or most assuredly, we will all hang separately.

That said, can you be sure you'll know if people are being waterboarded? The government already executes things like sneak and peak warrants without out telling people, and conducts searches and seizures where those on whom the warrants were served are under gag orders. I'm sure any waterboarding with come will a "national security" gag order, and threats of severe punishment for anyone who talks. And you know the media is going to deny it's happening as long as The One is at the helm.

You can usually tell the same way it happens in any nation. People start to disappear. I imagine in these days, it will be blogs and bloggers that suddenly cease to exist....etc etc. When they come back, if they do, they are not the same people anymore.

You do have to be able to trust someone. No matter how tightly you try to bottle something up, it will leak. That cuts both ways. The govt can't keep their misdeeds a secret and you had better find people of likeminded persuasion and stay in tight with them.

I find strange places to take comfort of late. Our military is the best and the brightest in the world. With our full strength and a unified nation we were not able to completely subdue the Taliban, and we are about to call it quits there. If the US govt were to declare war against it's own citizens they would not have a unified citizenry or a unified military--not saying there would not be those that were willing to fight, just that it would not be the full strength of the military we see now--they would face a very large and elusive foe. It would be terrible and horribly bloody, but I am not certain at all that Washington would win that fight. I want to be clear, I do not wish for this in any way shape or form,[/b] please God let us win hearts and minds with the resources we have left[, but if it came to that I think DC would not find it easy to accomplish the enslavement of us all.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

And to think that two months ago, topics such as, "thinking about building an AR" ruled this forum...wow!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

v-rog wrote:And to think that two months ago, topics such as, "thinking about building an AR" ruled this forum...wow!
Yeah, I've noticed the trend as well. If this were ConspiracyMillitiaForum or something, I wouldn't be surprised, but the fact that threads like this are getting serious on TexasCHLForum is proof, to me anyway, that something is going wrong with this countries leadership (and I'm not talking about which political party is in charge).
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

This is definetly a tin foil hat sort of thread. Sometimes through, you are not paraniod if if they are really out to get you.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:

Anygunanywhere

Stop this crap now!!! I want rational discussions on the Forum, not something others can point to and argue gun owners are all a bunch of knuckle-draggers.

Chas.
:iagree: BTW, Ted Nugent doesn't speak for me either.

Oh BTW, ROLL TIDE!

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Oldgringo wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:

Anygunanywhere

Chas.

Oh BTW, ROLL TIDE!
Ted Nugent can speak for me anytime.

Anygunanywhere

handog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by handog »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:

Anygunanywhere

Chas.

Oh BTW, ROLL TIDE!
Ted Nugent can speak for me anytime.

Anygunanywhere
Actually, I've always had a rather extensive vocabulary, not to mention a phenomenal grasp of grammar and a superlative command of syntax. My inquiry was in jest. :leaving

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Dave2 wrote:
v-rog wrote:And to think that two months ago, topics such as, "thinking about building an AR" ruled this forum...wow!
Yeah, I've noticed the trend as well. If this were ConspiracyMillitiaForum or something, I wouldn't be surprised, but the fact that threads like this are getting serious on TexasCHLForum is proof, to me anyway, that something is going wrong with this countries leadership (and I'm not talking about which political party is in charge).
Not just here...I see the difference in lots of places, even MSM websites. The atmosphere is very different now than even a year ago.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Off-Topic”