Cinemark "no guns allowed"

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Cinemark "no guns allowed"

Post by E.Marquez »

mloamiller wrote:
Right2Carry wrote: So you are saying that sign meets the following requirements?

(B) a sign posted on the property that:
TEXAS CONCEALED HANDGUN LAWS PC §42.01 35
(i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both
English and Spanish;

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code
(trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person
licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed
handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed
handgun"
;

(ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least
one inch in height;
and
(iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to
the public
Yes; I took a picture of it so I could look up the exact text when I got home.

Now, the "displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public" could be argued (see my earlier description of where it's located), but I doubt I would win that argument.
Would you post the picture please.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

mloamiller
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mloamiller »

E.Marquez wrote:
mloamiller wrote:
Right2Carry wrote: So you are saying that sign meets the following requirements?

(B) a sign posted on the property that:
TEXAS CONCEALED HANDGUN LAWS PC §42.01 35
(i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both
English and Spanish;

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code
(trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person
licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed
handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed
handgun"
;

(ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least
one inch in height;
and
(iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to
the public
Yes; I took a picture of it so I could look up the exact text when I got home.

Now, the "displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public" could be argued (see my earlier description of where it's located), but I doubt I would win that argument.
Would you post the picture please.
Unfortunately I no longer have the picture. That was several months ago and it's been deleted.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Even if the text were correct, as it was the last time I saw one of those at an AMC theater, I'm more concerned with the size. The one's I have seen at AMC theaters before I stopped going to them was woefully insufficient. They were typed up on 8.5x11 inch pieces of paper.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

When to Cinemark 16 in Grand Prairie yesterday. They only post 30.07. I looked everywhere for a 30.06, but could not find one.

Countryside
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Countryside »

Back in the old days when I was in LE, the presence of a police officer in such a time and place was called visible presence. While it may have no practical affect as far as power and or force, it does have a limited degree of psychological affect. It might be just enough to deter someone who is not totally nuts, and it gives folks a "sense" of security. It is basically a public relations thing.

Rmartinez37

Post by Rmartinez37 »

Our local one also only had a 30.07, and on the texas 30.06 website, I saw cinemark as 30.07 only. I guess they have more common sense than Edwards and AMC :coolgleamA:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Russell wrote:Lots of cinemarks posted: https://www.texas3006.com/view.php?post ... tion_type=+
All 30.07. Not surprised at that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

sherlock7

Post by sherlock7 »

Tinseltown Grapevine has a 30.07 sign clearly marked on front door, however I did not see a 30.06 posted.
As long as they do not post a 30.06 I am okay with being able to conceal carry.

USMC

Semper Fi

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 6

Post by chasfm11 »

sherlock7 wrote:Tinseltown Grapevine has a 30.07 sign clearly marked on front door, however I did not see a 30.06 posted.
As long as they do not post a 30.06 I am okay with being able to conceal carry.

USMC

Semper Fi
:iagree: I looked very carefully around the lobby to see if a 30.06 sign was hiding somewhere. I could not find one. They went to great lengths to post the 30.07 signs because they appear a lot larger than required. With that kind of effort and no visible 30.06, I'm assuming that is their intention.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Get over the signs , You wanted Your right restored ..............work at it . Signs don't kill you . Forget signs , plenty of places to go .

thetexan

Post by thetexan »

bikerbill wrote:I don't know if this is news to anybody but me ... my wife and I went to a Cinemark theater in Cedar Park today to see Les Miserables (it was excellent) and noticed as we bought our tickets that the theater had posted a list of a few things they didn't want you to do inside -- last on the list was "no firearms permitted."

This is the first time I remember seeing something like that at that theater, but my PM9 and I went in anyhow and escaped at the end of the flick without detection. I don't honor such signs, since they have no force of law, but I'm wondering if this is going to be a growing trend, even in states like Texas with hundreds of thousands of CHL holders.

I plan to drop a note to Cinemark later to tell them that we don't plan to frequent their theaters until that policy changes. I'm guessing it will do about as much good as writing Feinstein and trying to convince her how wrong she is.
Assuming that's all that they wrote....they have told you NOTHING!

Feel free to conceal carry (not open carry unless you want to be verbally told to stop) until the properly notify you per 30.06.

Their "policy" has no legal or practical effect on you so why stop frequenting them when it Pleases YOU to go see the movie of your choice armed and defended.

Just relax, CC as long as you can and be glad they don't know the rules as well as you do.

BUT! Just as soon as the wise up and properly notify you then do what you will, legally, of course.

tex
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

My Cypress Cinemark has a terse 30.05 sign, first I’ve ever noticed anywhere.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Ok educate me what is a 30.05 sign?

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 6

Post by chasfm11 »

philip964 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:08 pm Ok educate me what is a 30.05 sign?
It is to unlicensed people what 30:06 is to those with an LTC. It is a response to Texas passing Constitutional Carry.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”