GT distributors

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
AustinBoy
Posts in topic: 1

GT distributors

Post by AustinBoy »

Just got back from GT in Austin.

Over an hour wait to buy a gun.

Magpul and Magazines in general are all gone.

BUT!

They have cases of XM193AF 900 rounds for $379!!

I bought 2 and they still had some when I left.

The guy did say they are almost out.

AB
NRA - Life Member
TSRA - Life Member

jmra

Re: GT distributors

Post by jmra »

Was at GT in Mesquite this morning. They were sold out of ARs (only had what was on the wall which they could not sell). I did pick up 5 Glock mags and two .30 cal ammo cans with 420 rounds of M855 on stripper clips in each can. Price was $190 each. These were available at Walmart a while back for $164 but I haven't been able to find them for a while.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

tamc9395

Post by tamc9395 »

I appreciated the email they sent stating the issue on the demand and shortages, but more importantly that they were not going to raise their prices due to a lack of supply.

Good folks.

mikedude

Post by mikedude »

GT's rocks. I was there the other day as well and got some toys.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

I have a pile of mags on back order from them. I like GTs good people.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A-R

Post by A-R »

This is not good. I fully understand and support their decision to support their core public safety customers, but what's driving this (even their suppliers don't know when new product will be available) is what concerns me.

From their FB page (also on their web site, I believe)
GT Distributors

Dear Customers,

Until further notice, we have decided to continue with the temporary measures put in place on December 26, 2012. Our customer service and retail staff are doing their best to answer customer inquiries by email, phone, and in stores, but the supply situation remains uncertain. It appears at this time it will take many months to fill the orders already in our system.

The majority of the current inquiries are for products we are sold out of and are in a heavy back order situation. These inquiries are affecting our core business of supplying Public Safety Equipment to those who protect our communities. As a temporary measure we are only accepting new orders for the following with Law enforcement ID or Agency Letterhead:
*Magazines with a capacity over 10 rounds
*AR-15, AK platform firearms, M1As, Mini-14s
*.223/5.56 FMJ (Practice) ammunition

Orders already placed will be honored and will be filled in the order received.

We have spoken to many suppliers and product availability is getting worse. Several suppliers have ceased accepting orders, some project lead times to be longer than six months, and some will not provide lead times at all. We continue to use all of our resources to obtain product and make this policy change temporary.

We will strive to make this decision as short as possible as we are currently unable to get information from most of our suppliers on ETAs. G T Distributors is firmly committed to the firearms industry and has been since 1972. We also stand firm in our "No Price Gouging" policy.

Please check back with us often for the latest information via Facebook.com/GTDistributors or at GTDist.com.

Jim Orr
Owner/President
G T Distributors, Inc

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Personally I think those guns will be banned before people can purchase them.

They also have ammo restrictions in place now.

Return to “Closed Items”