Texas/Florida CHL permit numbers...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mommagamber
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas/Florida CHL permit numbers...

Post by mommagamber »

As a CHL instructor - with the current election and shooting I am scheduling all my free days with filled classes. I am doing my best to help us get caught up! :patriot:
I conceal carry because I choose not to be a victim.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

JALLEN wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote: IMO, people looking to get a non-resident license tend to choose FL because you do not need to take the training within the state of Florida to get a FL license. Anyone can take their own state's Hunter Education Training, or a simple NRA Basic Pistol Course(two choose two examples of acceptable training), and get a FL license. For a non-resident to get a Texas license, they must travel to within Texas state boundaries and attend the Texas-specific training.
That is all that is keeping me from having a Texas license right now. I haven't been able to take a course in Texas. I've already paid the fee, which is cheap because I am an old veteran.

I have Florida and Utah licenses, since nobody recognizes CA licenses, and mine has expired anyway. The training that qualified me for Utah was accepted by Florida, and it is merely a matter of doing the paperwork, getting the prints and photos and stuff to them. It was a piece of cake compared to California!

It is probably a good idea to have some training in Texas carry law. Those signs, red, blue, close but no cigar, can be tricky. Use of force principles are pretty much universal everywhere, with some notable variations. I don't resent it that Texas wants me to take a class. I have been a law-abiding citizen for more than 65 years and want to stay that way, at least while my mom is still alive!
Does FL put the specific gun serial numbers on the license like CA did?

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jumping Frog »

texanjoker wrote:Does FL put the specific gun serial numbers on the license like CA did?
No. They don't even put your address or designate it as resident or non-resident. It is simply a license.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

G27RR

Post by G27RR »

Here is a chart I made the other day, out of my own curiosity, which shows our progress according to the official numbers on the DPS website.

TSRA Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation Life Member
NRA Endowment Life Member
My blog - http://g27rr.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My EDC - STI Shadow

Topic author
68blackbird
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 68blackbird »

G27RR wrote:Here is a chart I made the other day, out of my own curiosity, which shows our progress according to the official numbers on the DPS website.

[ Image ]

Nice work....interesting numbers, especially the increase from last 4 years.... Image
"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

treeman

Post by treeman »

I understand the Florida license is somewhat easier to get and it also lasts 7 years. As a Texas resident, I would want to make sure I got all the Texas law stuff I could. Also if the federal school law becomes a factor, I understand it exempts instate CC holders but not non-resident.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”