IWB w/Tucked Shirt

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: IWB w/Tucked Shirt

Post by Keith B »

As others have said, Crossbreed Supertuck with the Velcro clips. Works well and I can even conceal a Glock 19 under a Polo shirt.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

My first outing with the Crossbreed Supertuck, it is the holster of choice for church though I went OWB with an untucked shirt last week.

Find the G23.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Bugler

Post by Bugler »

Milt Sparks VM-2 works really well for me.

Topic author
jl39775
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jl39775 »

Dragonfighter wrote:[ Image ]

[ Image ]

My first outing with the Crossbreed Supertuck, it is the holster of choice for church though I went OWB with an untucked shirt last week.

Find the G23.
Wow, that's great. I can't see anything.
NRA Member
USAF 93-97

Piney

Post by Piney »

I occasionally carry with my short tail tucked in. I use a CompTac CTAC model for my G26. It conceals well. The smaller parts of the "C" clip aren't as visible as a full clip-- but as was said they are harder to get on and off one's belt. I usually wear a thick stiff 1.5" black belt and have to thread the clips on and off.

I "blouse" the edges of the shirt. It does look a little less neat but hides the holster/gun pretty well.

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

I tuck a lot! I can't carry at work, but wear my holster, shirt tucked and ready to reholster and retuck quickly on returning to the car. I have shown cattle with a tucked shirt and side arm... no one ever said boo. I do this with both my 9mm & .380. I appendix carry in a hybrid IWB holster (like Comptac minotaur)

The pictures were taken 30# ago with a Tucker Heritage holster. It is easier now ;-)

FYI, folks don't notice the belt clips!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

Topic author
jl39775

Post by jl39775 »

I placed an order for a Crossbreed Gun Belt with velcro. It comes with V-Clips. I thinks I'll be able to tuck in my shirt with my Shephard IWB and this belt and clip without being noticed.
NRA Member
USAF 93-97

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

For those dressier moments with a tucked in shirt, I always use a Kangaroo Carry under the shoulder. I have come to really dislike IWB carry.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I use the crossbreed and also have used a lesser priced holster by Galco. Both with "J" hooks. Like already mentioned here, only a very small lip shows. I also blouse my shirt like others have posted and nobody ever notices. A guy I work with has a CHL and he notices because he knows what those hooks mean, but the average person on the street is not paying us that much attention.

frreed

Post by frreed »

I carry tucked with a High Noon tuckable holster. I can't remember the model name, but I have had it for about 6 years. It has a wide black clip that fits over the belt. Yes that is over the belt. For work (I am a minister) I tuck a black shirt into black pants and the clip disappears. That only makes sense. I also were it with jeans, shorts, khakis, and floral print prairie skirts (just kidding). I have never had anyone mention it and my guess is very few have even noticed. As long as the pistol is covered, I am not worried.

My point is that as long as it is comfortable, secure and conceals the pistol, go for it.

Topic author
jl39775

Post by jl39775 »

frreed wrote:I carry tucked with a High Noon tuckable holster. I can't remember the model name, but I have had it for about 6 years. It has a wide black clip that fits over the belt. Yes that is over the belt. For work (I am a minister) I tuck a black shirt into black pants and the clip disappears. That only makes sense. I also were it with jeans, shorts, khakis, and floral print prairie skirts (just kidding). I have never had anyone mention it and my guess is very few have even noticed. As long as the pistol is covered, I am not worried.

My point is that as long as it is comfortable, secure and conceals the pistol, go for it.
Nice way to conceal.

My concern is being made at work. I work in a downtown office and there are a lot a people around. There is nothing in the policy regarding any weapons so I'm thinking about carrying at work. I'm not sure what would happen if I was made and I don't plan on asking if it's okay to carry. There are a lot of crazy people walking around downtown Houston and I would feel safe carrying while at work.
NRA Member
USAF 93-97

xb12s

Post by xb12s »

jl39775 wrote:My concern is being made at work. I work in a downtown office and there are a lot a people around. There is nothing in the policy regarding any weapons so I'm thinking about carrying at work. I'm not sure what would happen if I was made and I don't plan on asking if it's okay to carry. There are a lot of crazy people walking around downtown Houston and I would feel safe carrying while at work.
I would go with the velcro then just to be sure. But as someone else pointed out, it is definitely more cumbersome putting the holster on and off because the velcro locks in as soon as it touches the belt, making minor adjustments a little more difficult than with standard clips than can slide around easily to the best position.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Here's another option to muddy the waters. This uses a Y clip, which may be a bit easier to get on & off. May not be as hard on the belt too.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?P ... atalogID=7
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

GeronimoAg

Post by GeronimoAg »

Love the velcro clips! In my experience, they are as good as invisible.

I wear my shirt tucked in at work everyday, so I got a Minotaur MTAC with the velcro clips. I also got some of the "industrial strength" velcro strips from Home Depot to put on my belts. I figured I'd try them out and that I might have to replace them after a month when they wore out. Well, after carrying this way for +/-4 months, there's no noticeable wear on the velcro, and the adhesive is sticking like the day I put it on.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

GeronimoAg wrote:Love the velcro clips! In my experience, they are as good as invisible.

I wear my shirt tucked in at work everyday, so I got a Minotaur MTAC with the velcro clips. I also got some of the "industrial strength" velcro strips from Home Depot to put on my belts. I figured I'd try them out and that I might have to replace them after a month when they wore out. Well, after carrying this way for +/-4 months, there's no noticeable wear on the velcro, and the adhesive is sticking like the day I put it on.
I tried the velcro option and it worked to hold the holster in place but it drove me nuts that I couldn't easily slide my rig one way or the other without getting off the velcro. It may seem odd to some but there are times, depending on the pants I am wearing, that my belt loops hit in different spots adn even times I carry with my rig right on my side and times I feel more comfortable by sliding it further back or forward as I sit. Velcro wouldn't allow me to easily do this.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”