TX Republicans on the Offensive

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 3

TX Republicans on the Offensive

Post by TexasCajun »

Looks like incoming House Republican Steve Stockman isn't wasting any time!

http://www.thevindicator.com/news/artic ... f887a.html
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Wodathunkit
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX Republicans on the Offensive

Post by Wodathunkit »

Awesome! :clapping:
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

stroo

Post by stroo »

:txflag: :thewave

DLBConductor

Post by DLBConductor »

I wrote my two senators and my representative encouraging them to hold the line against further gun control measures and asking that they actively fight the appointment of any left-wing judges to the Supreme court.

While we are "preaching to the choir" with most of our Texas representatives, it doesn't hurt to go on record to give them further ammunition in their fight to save our Second Amendment rights.

I urge everyone to write their senators and representative and let your voice be heard! If all gun owners speak up in the next 30 days, perhaps it will put a little backbone in those who are supposed to represent OUR VIEWS! We need a groundswell of support for our Second Amendment rights.

:txflag:
[12/10/2011: CHL Class - 100 Written and 240 Range][01/14/2012: Plastic - 31 Days!]
[NRA Life Member][TSRA Life Member][CHL]

Topic author
TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

I've been writing my congressmen since Sandy Hook with a simple please vote against erosion of our second amendment & please encourage others within your legislative body to do the same. The NRA-ILA website has a link where you can write all reps at once.

Moby

Post by Moby »

Outstanding!
I have written as well.

To other members, please post here if you've contacted your representatives!
Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
Stand brave and upright that the Lord may love thee.
Speak the truth always even if it means your death.
Protect the helpless and do no wrong!

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

Moby wrote:Outstanding!
I have written as well.

To other members, please post here if you've contacted your representatives!
I tried to find out who my fed rep is now that Ron Paul is retired. Supposedly his old district will be spread out among other districts. ANyone got any ideas?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who Represents Me provides information about current districts and members of the Texas Senate, Texas House of Representatives, the Texas delegation to the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, and the State Board of Education. Find out when information about new districts and new members is added to the website.
If it's updated?
Districts for the 2012 elections are listed after the current districts.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

RPB wrote:http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/
Who Represents Me provides information about current districts and members of the Texas Senate, Texas House of Representatives, the Texas delegation to the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, and the State Board of Education. Find out when information about new districts and new members is added to the website.
If it's updated?
Districts for the 2012 elections are listed after the current districts.
I tried all of this the other day.

I just tried it this morning and to my pleasant surpise my new representative is Randy Weber.

He will be hearing from me.

Diplomatically of course.

Heh heh.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I've written to Dr. Burgess several times. He is the House spearhead against Obamacare among other things. He voted no on the fiscal cliff bill and I acknowledged that. I have also several times included statements of concern about pending Federal gun ban legislation. He, too, has a canned response to that but it is no where near as wishy-washy as Cornyn's.

Dr. Burgess has strayed several times from the Conservative corner over the last year and I've made sure that he knew that I knew that he had done that each time. He supported one of the corrupt Texas legislators in Tarrant County last year that we managed to unseat in spite of his support. His office lines lit up over that one.

The way that we keep our representatives on their toes is to let them know that we are watching. This isn't a one time thing. That said, no amount of contact with Cornyn seems to be fruitful. Based on his first days in the job, it doesn't appear that Cruz is going to need a lot of prompting to do the right things.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

TexasCajun wrote:Looks like incoming House Republican Steve Stockman isn't wasting any time!

http://www.thevindicator.com/news/artic ... f887a.html
Wow, I love both of those bills.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

chasfm11 wrote:I've written to Dr. Burgess several times. He is the House spearhead against Obamacare among other things. He voted no on the fiscal cliff bill and I acknowledged that. I have also several times included statements of concern about pending Federal gun ban legislation. He, too, has a canned response to that but it is no where near as wishy-washy as Cornyn's.

Dr. Burgess has strayed several times from the Conservative corner over the last year and I've made sure that he knew that I knew that he had done that each time. He supported one of the corrupt Texas legislators in Tarrant County last year that we managed to unseat in spite of his support. His office lines lit up over that one.

The way that we keep our representatives on their toes is to let them know that we are watching. This isn't a one time thing. That said, no amount of contact with Cornyn seems to be fruitful. Based on his first days in the job, it doesn't appear that Cruz is going to need a lot of prompting to do the right things.
Cornyn is notoriously unresponsive to his Texas constituents. He is squarely entrenched in his ivory tower throne and needs to be seriously challenged in the next primary. My money would be behind Greg Abbott.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I can assure y'all that the Gentleman representing the 2nd Congressional District of Texas, the Honorable Ted Poe, will be a champion of our cause.

Topic author
TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

http://stockman.house.gov/media-center/ ... hite-house

Now Stockman is talking about confronting any possible executive orders by defunding the white house & any agency that the president will use to enforce the orders....

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

TexasCajun wrote:http://stockman.house.gov/media-center/ ... hite-house

Now Stockman is talking about confronting any possible executive orders by defunding the white house & any agency that the president will use to enforce the orders....
Houston Chronicle article here.

"'The White House's recent announcement they will use executive orders and executive actions to infringe on our constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms is an unconstitutional and unconscionable attack on the very founding principles of this republic,' Stockman said."
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Federal”