Am I a member of the NRA?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bullwhip
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Am I a member of the NRA?

Post by Bullwhip »

It's like magazines. You start getting renewal letters before you get the first copy.

If I renewed ever time I got a notice I'd be good for life +30 years.

Birdshot70

Post by Birdshot70 »

Crossfire wrote:If you got a hat - you ARE a member. They don't give those to just anyone.
I got no hat :confused5 ...I have the ID card. Hmmm...me thinks something's a miss here.
:headscratch
"When in doubt, EMPTY the magazine." - A Marine

"...gun control is always a scheme of the powerful to deprive the powerless of the right to self-defense." -- Ann Coulter 04/18/2012

NRA Member
CHL holder
CHL Instructor

dewelrtexas

Post by dewelrtexas »

Birdshot70 wrote:
Crossfire wrote:If you got a hat - you ARE a member. They don't give those to just anyone.
I got no hat :confused5 ...I have the ID card. Hmmm...me thinks something's a miss here.
:headscratch

Same here, card but no hat?

Birdie

Post by Birdie »

I wasn't offered a hat. Range bag or a knife. The husband took the range bag, I chose the knife. :lol: It was pretty.
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
Benjamin Franklin

OldGrumpy

Post by OldGrumpy »

Count me in as one who got not one, but two membership cards, but no hat. Maybe that is their form of substitution.
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

Ericstac

Post by Ericstac »

No gift card, no member card...for me or my wife.. But I do get emails and its only been a couple weeks.

SWEET! We get no cost gun insurance?!! 2500?

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Ericstac wrote:No gift card, no member card...for me or my wife.. But I do get emails and its only been a couple weeks.

SWEET! We get no cost gun insurance?!! 2500?
I'm in this boat. It's been about a month now and I still haven't received my membership card. I don't even know what my membership # is, but I'm getting all the e-mails.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

StevenFromTexas

Post by StevenFromTexas »

One would expect to receive their Member ID with the FIRST confirmation email from the NRA. I finally received my Member ID after contacting the NRA twice by email. Since then, I have attempted to kill the incessant junk emails Wayne and the boys keep sending me, but apparently I've been put on 12,921 difference NRA junk email lists, and one has to kill them one at a time. Heavens, I think I'm dealing with a government agency. :roll:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

All I wanted was my membership card and I got it in a about two weeks.

I'm happy.

As for caps, I go out of my way to purchase plain, no advertising, nothing written or posted on my caps.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

StevenFromTexas wrote:One would expect to receive their Member ID with the FIRST confirmation email from the NRA. I finally received my Member ID after contacting the NRA twice by email. Since then, I have attempted to kill the incessant junk emails Wayne and the boys keep sending me, but apparently I've been put on 12,921 difference NRA junk email lists, and one has to kill them one at a time. Heavens, I think I'm dealing with a government agency. :roll:
Okay, you've made your point and now you can stop. You complained about the NRA multiple times in two on-going threads. You've made your point and enough is enough. Everyone at HQ is a bit preoccupied at the moment with fighting the biggest assault on the Second Amendment in the history of this country.

Chas.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

StevenFromTexas wrote:One would expect to receive their Member ID with the FIRST confirmation email from the NRA. I finally received my Member ID after contacting the NRA twice by email. Since then, I have attempted to kill the incessant junk emails Wayne and the boys keep sending me, but apparently I've been put on 12,921 difference NRA junk email lists, and one has to kill them one at a time. Heavens, I think I'm dealing with a government agency. :roll:
If you would really look into things instead of just complaining, there is an opt-out program where you can get off of mailing both snail and email. Just call the main number and ask them to take you off the list. Pretty simple
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

Keith B wrote:If you would really look into things instead of just complaining, there is an opt-out program where you can get off of mailing both snail and email. Just call the main number and ask them to take you off the list. Pretty simple
I chose to use a more local opt-out at ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :biggrinjester:
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

RX8er wrote:
Keith B wrote:If you would really look into things instead of just complaining, there is an opt-out program where you can get off of mailing both snail and email. Just call the main number and ask them to take you off the list. Pretty simple
I chose to use a more local opt-out at ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :biggrinjester:
"rlol"

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

I don't get what the problem is. The NRA has added more than a million new members. Naturally that's going to create a bottleneck in relation to processing all the new member info. A simple 5 minute (if you call first thing in the morning) phone call can get you your member number.Are many people so..... Self-important (for lack of a better term).... that they feel the necessity to complain instead of calling? :confused5

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

RottenApple wrote:I don't get what the problem is. The NRA has added more than a million new members. Naturally that's going to create a bottleneck in relation to processing all the new member info. A simple 5 minute (if you call first thing in the morning) phone call can get you your member number.Are many people so..... Self-important (for lack of a better term).... that they feel the necessity to complain instead of calling? :confused5

I think the NRA is withholding or delaying shipments so they can price gouge. :biggrinjester:
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

Return to “National Rifle Association”