First Time Disarmed

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Moby
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First Time Disarmed

Post by Moby »

When I was a Boarding Officer in the Coast Guard (very different from a street stop I know but the smae reasons apply) I would always ask if firearms were on board. 50% or more the answer was yeas. I'd aks to see where they were being stored without touching them. If it looked like a leagal firearm (not a sawed off shotgun etc) I'd ask them to close the door or whatever and ensure no one went near that area during my boarding. Taking a weapon or unloading it puts me in greater harm. Although I probably would have disarmed a boater if he had the weapon on his person. But I would have put it somewhere on his boat, not mine.
Be without fear in the face of your enemies.
Stand brave and upright that the Lord may love thee.
Speak the truth always even if it means your death.
Protect the helpless and do no wrong!

IChangIT

Post by IChangIT »

The last time I was stopped,the State Trooper asked me if I was armed, which I was, with 2. He did not disarm me, or even ask to see them, but he did ask me why I was so heavily armed! Doesn't he carry a backup? Then he gave me a ticket for 13 mph over. :nono:

-RC

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

Over the years I have been disarmed twice during traffic stops for speeding. Once in Texas and once in Louisiana.

The most frustrating part is that each time the officer removed the magazine from the gun, ejected the loaded round and placed all 3 on the hood of my truck. Scratched both my gun and truck each time. :banghead: :grumble :cryin
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

I have never been disarmed.

One county deputy looked at my CHL and said, "you don't need to show me that" when I was rear-ended at a signal.

A Harris county deputy was taking my report when I accosted a burglar with my weapon and never addressed the subject of being armed. I did tell him that the guy boogied out the door when I displayed my firearm in his face.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

trdvet

Post by trdvet »

Dragonfighter wrote:What is interesting is, that he didn't even look back when he was walking back to the cruiser though I was already reloading.
Which tells me he didn't have a reason to disarm you in the first place. You can't disarm people for the sake of disarming them, you need to have an articulable reason for it.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

why would they need a reason to disarm when they pull out service weapons and hold them at low ready just because you have a CHL and a weapon? disarming is much less than skinning the smoke wagon and yelling.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”