Beretta 92F vs. 9mm Baby desert eagle

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
attila79
Posts in topic: 2

Beretta 92F vs. 9mm Baby desert eagle

Post by attila79 »

Well I'm thinking of purchasing one of these pistols and want some opinions. I have owned the BE, but sold it and regretted it. Loved the way it shot and felt in my hands. However, because I also like the Beretta 92f (never shot one) I wanted to see if any of you guys could share your opinion on this pistol.

Also if I could be pointed to a place where they sale these for a reasonable price. Does not have to be new that would be great.

Thanks,

C

Wildscar
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Beretta 92F vs. 9mm Baby desert eagle

Post by Wildscar »

attila79 wrote:Well I'm thinking of purchasing one of these pistols and want some opinions. I have owned the BE, but sold it and regretted it. Loved the way it shot and felt in my hands. However, because I also like the Beretta 92f (never shot one) I wanted to see if any of you guys could share your opinion on this pistol.

Also if I could be pointed to a place where they sale these for a reasonable price. Does not have to be new that would be great.

Thanks,

C
I would recomend the 92FS. At the last gun show here in Dallas, Schramms had theirs for $390. That was with 2 15rd mags. I dont know anything about the baby eagle so I can't give you a good comparision.

You might want to take a trip to the range and test fire a rental. That might be the deciding factor for ya.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

being a fan of the Big Blue B, I can say the the 92 is the best firearm ever made.
along with every other firearm, ever.... made......

I like it a lot, personally. but that's just preference. enjoy.

Topic author
attila79

Post by attila79 »

what do you guys think of the CZ75B????

JLaw

Post by JLaw »

attila79 wrote:what do you guys think of the CZ75B????
Excellent weapon. I own both the CZ 75B and a Beretta 92FS, so I can say that. They are both reliable and accurate. I've only fired <150 rounds through the Beretta, but I'm sure I'll have no troubles with it.

The CZ is only slightly slimmer than the 92FS, but you won't go wrong with either you decide on.

FYI - Great deals can be had on the Beretta at gun shows, I picked up the 92FS with 3 mags and night sights (all NIB) for a steal in Pasadena.

JLaw

Stupid

Post by Stupid »

The BE is what we call a novelty; however, the 92FS is a serious fighting pistol, probably the most reliable pistol ever made.

Personally, unless I have too much money, I would not spend on novelty things.

I shoot my 92FS the best and it was the gun that brought me into the whole firearm hobby thing.
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Stupid wrote:The BE is what we call a novelty; however, the 92FS is a serious fighting pistol, probably the most reliable pistol ever made.

I shoot my 92FS the best and it was the gun that brought me into the whole firearm hobby thing.
You may call it a novelty, but the rest of us who own them consider them dependable and very accurate. If you want to state that your opinion is that they are a novelty, then I have no beef, but when you say "we" that implies more than you and that just might not be the case.

I have a baby eagle .45 and it is one of the best shooters that I have and fits my hand like it was made for it. Just my .02 cents.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Velocity

Post by Velocity »

I have a BE 9mm I bought in '94 or so, and it's still one of the most accurate firearms I own. VERY easy to shoot, NOT to easy to conceal. :smile:

I also own a Beretta 9000s - fatter than a BE, a bit smaller than a 92fs. Never owned a 92fs, but have shot one, and it was a fine pistol as well.

If this is for a carry gun, I'd say get the 92FS - you're likely to find a greater variety of holsters for it, and it's much more mainstream than the BE. However, if this is for a range, or even home defense gun, give the Baby Eagle a good looking over - it's a fine gun in it's own right, and definitely has some good looks to it. I've often wondered how much (if at all) the "intimidation factor" would come into play if/when a bad guy "faces down" something that looks like a Desert Eagle from the front end. While having ANY gun pointed in your direction is an eye opener, the front end of the Desert Eagle series is fairly well recognized.. :shock:

TraCoun

BE vs. Beretta

Post by TraCoun »

FWIW,
I have a Beretta 96 (.40) and my step-daughter has a BE in .40.
Hers has a less friendly trigger than mine, and some ammo I can shoot easily simply won't function in hers - it goes bang but doesn't get the next round chambered. Have had no problem with the accuracy of hers vs. mine.
TraCoun

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Don't the Isreali police and military forces carry the Jericho? The Jericho is the Baby Eagle.

I would not call it a novelty if it's in use and has proven itself with the Isreali forces.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

jimd1981

Post by jimd1981 »

I'm by no means an expert at this, but I carry a 92fs (M9 model) on a daily basis, and practice with it at least weekly.
It's a large pistol, but conceals with the right holster. It's not light duty w/15 rounds, and I'll admit it's sometimes a relief to take it off at the end of the day. That said, the pistol is on target, utterly reliable, easy to clean, and comfortable to shoot. (When I find the right *smaller* pistol that satisfies those four attributes, I may carry it instead) The safety is still a little stiff, but a few thousand more cycles and I think it'll come around :smile:

dpatterson

Post by dpatterson »

Right2Carry wrote:
Stupid wrote:The BE is what we call a novelty; however, the 92FS is a serious fighting pistol, probably the most reliable pistol ever made.

You may call it a novelty, but the rest of us who own them consider them dependable and very accurate. If you want to state that your opinion is that they are a novelty, then I have no beef, but when you say "we" that implies more than you and that just might not be the case.

I have a baby eagle .45 and it is one of the best shooters that I have and fits my hand like it was made for it. Just my .02 cents.
+1
If Guns kill people, my keyboard mispells words.....

Velocity

Post by Velocity »

Lumberjack98 wrote:Don't the Isreali police and military forces carry the Jericho? The Jericho is the Baby Eagle.

I would not call it a novelty if it's in use and has proven itself with the Isreali forces.
Not sure if it's still sold this way, but my BE from ~94 is a "IMI" (Israeli Military Industries) Baby Eagle...

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”