Son needs job

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 1

Son needs job

Post by wheelgun1958 »

He's 23 and single. He looks like he belongs with ZZ Top. I can't get him to cut it and shave. No tobacco or alcohol. Doesn't cuss that I know of. Good kid. He's looking for a software job. He graduated UNT Dec. 2011, Bachelor Science in computer science. Had a job lined up but after training finished was told that the contract fell through. Looking for local DFW.

:tiphat:

WildBill

Re: Son needs job

Post by WildBill »

wheelgun1958 wrote:He's 23 and single. He looks like he belongs with ZZ Top. I can't get him to cut it and shave. No tobacco or alcohol. Doesn't cuss that I know of. Good kid. He's looking for a software job. He graduated UNT Dec. 2011, Bachelor Science in computer science. Had a job lined up but after training finished was told that the contract fell through. Looking for local DFW.

Fortunately for him, software guys sometimes get a break on their appearance , but there is a lot of competition out there. Especially for newbies with limited work experience. Good luck.
NRA Endowment Member

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Lots of IT support opportunities in Houston with oil and gas companies.

alvins

Post by alvins »

yea well i work in IT and looking like zz top isn't going to pass most places. A lot places still expect you to look nice even if you dont interact with customers.

tarkus

Post by tarkus »

If he's not willing to conform to corporate looks, tell him to be like Mark Zuckerberg and start his own company. The best thing about starting your own company is there's nobody above you keeping you down. :lol:
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's on the internet, thank a geek.

nyj

Post by nyj »

First impressions are make and break. He can always grow it back after getting hired.

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

I wonder if he's gotten a job or a haircut in the 8 months since he posted? :thumbs2:
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

jmra

Post by jmra »

RX8er wrote:I wonder if he's gotten a job or a haircut in the 8 months since he posted? :thumbs2:
Or off the couch?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

MamaK

Post by MamaK »

wheelgun1958 wrote:He's 23 and single. He looks like he belongs with ZZ Top. I can't get him to cut it and shave. No tobacco or alcohol. Doesn't cuss that I know of. Good kid. He's looking for a software job. He graduated UNT Dec. 2011, Bachelor Science in computer science. Had a job lined up but after training finished was told that the contract fell through. Looking for local DFW.

Could he consider moving to Austin? A heap of California companies have relocated to AUstin: Blizzard, EAGames and some others. When you say software, is he a programmer? what languages? I did a brief check on Indeed.com and there are heaps of software jobs in Dallas and Austin. He doesn't need to shave, the computer industry is it's own creature. To get an idea of what it's like, have your son take you to a Comic Con, Anime Convention or even Defcon.

Also, have him check usajobs.gov

Return to “Job Board”