I almost squeezed the trigger chasing after a guy!

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

suthdj
Posts in topic: 3

Re: I almost squeezed the trigger chasing after a guy!

Post by suthdj »

bulinm wrote:You need to lay off those late night burritos.
"Hey, it's 9:37. Ya know what that means?"
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

b322da
Posts in topic: 1

Post by b322da »

A few months ago I had a not so humorous incident having to do with a dream.

At zero-dark-30 my wife shook me awake to tell me I was having a nightmare, screaming and moving violently. This was not the first time this had happened.

As i came awake I found my bedside m-1911 in my hand. As usual it had one in the breech, but I had not released the safety. I have no recollection of the subject-matter of the dream, but I assume it had involved a bad guy of some sort.

A very frightening incident. My bedside handgun no longer has one in the breech, and it is placed in the top drawer of my bedside table rather than on the top of the table. This has not eliminated my concern, as I realize that it is entirely possible that automatic motor skills developed through many years could remove the weapon from the drawer and rack the slide while dreaming.

Jim

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RogueUSMC »

Back when I was in the service, I had a dream...

Our Thursday night hangout was Branding Iron in San Bernardino. We always got ourselves the tables on the far left when coming in the door. These tables are packed in there pretty tight. In my dream, Kristin, one of the waitresses was trying to make her way through this area. I stepped back to let her through and stepped on this fella's toe. I apologized but he said he was going to whip my @$%...I asked if I could buy him a beer...he asked if I was wising off to him...I told him that I figured that if I could buy him a beer to keep him from whipping me, it would be worth it. He said he thought I was wising off to him and he would whip me anyway. I said, "whatever" then turned to walk away. He hollered at me and I turned around. He had a gun in his hand and he shot me in the shoulder. I staggered back against the bar stunned. I then got mad and I hit him....hard. The dream ended with me banging his head against the bar asking him why he shot me then passing out.

The next night...at the Branding Iron...I stepped out of Kristin's way and right on this big ol' boy's foot. I apologize to him and he says he's gonna whip me. My heart is beating like a triphammer about this time. When I said, "whatever" and began walking away, I was thinking, "don't turn around if he hollers at ya"...he was gonna have to shoot me in the back dadgummit. Everything was just like the dream up until that point. He never did holler at me but it took a good hour to calm back down...lol
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

talltex

Post by talltex »

Oldgringo wrote:I dreamed I had a job the other night. BOY, talk about scary!
Even worse...I dreamed that I was spending half my time in Colorado fly fishing and the other half in Texas playing golf because I didn't need a job anymore...then I woke up....and got ready for work. :cryin
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Topic author
LAYGO
Posts in topic: 5

Post by LAYGO »

RogueUSMC wrote:Back when I was in the service, I had a dream...

Our Thursday night hangout was Branding Iron in San Bernardino. We always got ourselves the tables on the far left when coming in the door. These tables are packed in there pretty tight. In my dream, Kristin, one of the waitresses was trying to make her way through this area. I stepped back to let her through and stepped on this fella's toe. I apologized but he said he was going to whip my @$%...I asked if I could buy him a beer...he asked if I was wising off to him...I told him that I figured that if I could buy him a beer to keep him from whipping me, it would be worth it. He said he thought I was wising off to him and he would whip me anyway. I said, "whatever" then turned to walk away. He hollered at me and I turned around. He had a gun in his hand and he shot me in the shoulder. I staggered back against the bar stunned. I then got mad and I hit him....hard. The dream ended with me banging his head against the bar asking him why he shot me then passing out.

The next night...at the Branding Iron...I stepped out of Kristin's way and right on this big ol' boy's foot. I apologize to him and he says he's gonna whip me. My heart is beating like a triphammer about this time. When I said, "whatever" and began walking away, I was thinking, "don't turn around if he hollers at ya"...he was gonna have to shoot me in the back dadgummit. Everything was just like the dream up until that point. He never did holler at me but it took a good hour to calm back down...lol
I have those precognitive dreams as well, but I usually don't recognize it until after.

I was at a chinese restaurant for dinner before the award ceremony of the Dallas Observer Music Awards, where my band was nominated & got this for a fortune cookie:

Later that night, my band was announced as Best Cover Band in Dallas. Makes me wish I had kept it. We had no idea we'd win. Even in the announcement video, you can hear us say another band will win!
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Thanks Laygo... I thought I was done with the flashbacks.... :waiting:

:rolll
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

jmra

Post by jmra »

In my nightmares I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and the stupid gun won't shoot. I look down and I'm carrying a 1911 instead of my Glock. Then I realize it is a dream because I would never go anywhere without my Glock. Then I start to wonder (as I see the BG pointing the gun at me) if you die in your dream do you die in real life? Then I start laughing because he's holding a Raven .25 and I'm holding a pretty good club...then I wake up. :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

That's why this is posted in "Never Again" :D

I've had a few premonition dreams in my life and they are as fascinating as they are chilling. They tend to run in my family starring with at least my great great grandmother on my mom's side. My dad had one he told me about and that was a recurring dream that he drove off a cliff. That dream stopped after he actually did in real life and lived to tell about it.
Psalm 91:2

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

Dickens wrote:``Why do you doubt your senses?''

``Because,'' said Scrooge, ``a little thing affects them. A slight disorder of the stomach makes them cheats. You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!''
Hey, it's getting to be that time of year.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Now that one is crazy. I have that same dream on occasion. I am always doing the job I did before owning my business. It is absolutely horrifying!

jmra

Post by jmra »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Now that one is crazy. I have that same dream on occasion. I am always doing the job I did before owning my business. It is absolutely horrifying!
I'm 30 yrs removed from my teens but I still occasionally dream of being in high school. Of course I usually realize in my dream that I'm sitting at a desk in nothing but my underwear...now I've ensured that you all have nightmares this evening. :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Well. I once got a fortune cookie that read, "You will touch many hearts." At the time I was working on the software for a blood cardioplegia unit (used in open heart surgery).

As far as I know, the unit touched more pig's hearts, than human.

(Come to think of it, the cookie didn't specify HUMAN hearts.) :mrgreen:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

psijac

Post by psijac »

I think we need a chl-related dream forum
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Topic author
LAYGO
Posts in topic: 5

Post by LAYGO »

Maxwell wrote:Thanks Laygo... I thought I was done with the flashbacks.... :waiting:

:rolll
Here are some photos to add to your visual catalog from our show on Sat. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 730ce31c08" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

b322da wrote:A few months ago I had a not so humorous incident having to do with a dream.

At zero-dark-30 my wife shook me awake to tell me I was having a nightmare, screaming and moving violently. This was not the first time this had happened.

As i came awake I found my bedside m-1911 in my hand. As usual it had one in the breech, but I had not released the safety. I have no recollection of the subject-matter of the dream, but I assume it had involved a bad guy of some sort.

A very frightening incident. My bedside handgun no longer has one in the breech, and it is placed in the top drawer of my bedside table rather than on the top of the table. This has not eliminated my concern, as I realize that it is entirely possible that automatic motor skills developed through many years could remove the weapon from the drawer and rack the slide while dreaming.

Jim
Sounds like "night terrors". I've seen some pretty wild videos of men having them. I think you did the right thing securing your weapon differently. You may want to consider a sleep study.

I rarely remember my dreams. :???:
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Return to “Never Again!!”