We had no class and no proficiency in 2011 & 2015. We had class and proficiency in 2013 & 2017
Search found 4 matches
Search found 4 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:57 pm
- Forum: Instructors' Corner
- Topic: Instructor Renewal
- Replies: 17
- Views: 3280
From Forum Nov 2015
Re: New instructor info on website!
#14 Unread post by n5wd » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:49 pm
Only things needed for Dec '15 instructor renewals: pay $100 fee, & send CHL-90 form. No class, no shooting, no video, no online exam.
pay $100 fee
send CHL-90 form with proof of pistol instructor status from recognized agency/organization
Just got my renewal email from DPS RSD_LRS_CHL last night:
The following information is being provided for those Instructors with a certificate that expires on December 31, 2015.
· Renewal applications may be submitted online at: https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/. Please select “returning user” and enter the requested information.
· After the application has been completed and the fee is paid, form CHL-90 must be submitted along with the required supporting documents. The form can be downloaded from our website at: http://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetForms/Forms/CHL-90.pdf
· You may submit the completed form and supporting documents by Email or fax to 512-424-7284 (Attn: Instructor) Reminder: Supporting documentation must include proof of a current valid firearms instructor certification.
· Once the completed application has been received and the background checks are completed, a new certificate will be mailed.
Instructors will not be required to attend retraining classes in person and no proficiency demonstration (shooting) will be required for this renewal period. Updated training material including a revised course outline, student test and key, and a revised CHL-100 will be posted on our website prior to January 1, 2016. An email will be sent to Instructors advising when the revised materials are available on our website.
Please note: If you have already applied for renewal and submitted the required documents, you will be notified by email if further information is required. If no additional items are required, you will receive a new certificate by mail in the near future.
Legislative updates related to Handgun Licensing can be found on our website at: https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/CHL/L ... lation.htm. Please continue to monitor our website for updated Frequently Asked Questions.
Regulatory Services Division
Licensing and Registration Service
Proficiency was not required in 2015. Was required in 2017, will not be required in 2019