Lets qualify that... A 5'0", 100 lb with knife and scissors who worked at the concession stand... Who happens to have the last name of Scott managed to get herself shot...
Apparently they tried to tazer her, but it "didn't work".
5 bullets worked on Ms. Scott. One of them managed to hit one of the officers on scene also.
Apparently after the police pull and tazer and that fails, they're not allowed to switch to another non-lethal approach as it takes too much time to holster the gun that comes out with the tazer...
Here's a better article: http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/another-deat ... at-costco/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sounds like a messy "justified" kill that could have been avoided... Course, we don't pay the police enough to have them taking knives away from irritated 100 lb women... And seriously, when you're managing to hit other people as part of the shoot, you're doing it wrong. You're a bigger threat than the 100 lb lady with a knife.
Another interesting point in regard to Erik Scott's, death taken from the above link:
1) The officers were cleared because Mr. Scott had a gun. Apparently that's enough. That scares the piss out of me because it gives NM PD the right to shoot any CHL on-site that might be a threat per policy.
2) Mr. Scott's pistol was still in the holster while in the ambulance. It hadn't ever been removed from the holster.
3) Mr. Scott was shot holding a cell phone in one hand and his shirt up in the other. He was given 5-6 seconds between being given orders and the shooting stopped.
4) Costco's video recording system failed during the incident. Seriously? This, above all else, is a big problem for me.
Search found 1 match
Search found 1 match • Page 1 of 1
- by cb1000rider
- Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:04 pm
- Forum: Never Again!!
- Topic: CHL holder killed by police in Las Vegas at a Costco
- Replies: 885
- Views: 76471
- ↳ Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions
- ↳ Test Area
- ↳ Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)
- Resources & Links
- ↳ CHL Checklist
- ↳ Government resources & CHL-related links
- ↳ DPS Updates
- National Rifle Association, Texas Firearms Coalition & Good Guys United
- ↳ National Rifle Association
- ↳ Texas Firearms Coalition
- ↳ Good Guys United
- ↳ General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion
- ↳ General Texas CHL Discussion
- ↳ Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
- ↳ Rifles & Shotguns
- ↳ New to CHL?
- ↳ The "Waiting Room"
- ↳ Other States
- ↳ Shooting Ranges
- ↳ Reloading Forum
- ↳ Never Again!!
- ↳ Competitive Shooting
- ↳ Hunting Photos
- ↳ Books & Videos
- ↳ Off-Topic
- ↳ Ladies
- ↳ Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!
- ↳ Holsters & Accessories
- ↳ LEO Contacts & Bloopers
- ↳ "How To" Tips
- ↳ Job Board
- ↳ Camp's Corner
- ↳ Prayer Requests & Updates
- ↳ The Crime Blotter
- ↳ Self-Defense Reports
- ↳ Training & Practice
- Instructors , Classes and Training
- ↳ LTC Class Schedules & Locations
- ↳ Basic & Advanced Training (Non-LTC)
- ↳ Past Classes
- ↳ Instructors' Corner
- ↳ General
- Market: Buy, Sell, Trade - Please check the minimum posting requirements in Forum Rule 13
- ↳ Holsters, Accessories, Reloading Equipment & Supplies
- ↳ Firearms
- ↳ FFL Holders
- ↳ Closed Items
- ↳ Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal
- ↳ Non-Firearm related items
- Community Service Announcements
- ↳ General Announcements
- ↳ Animal Rescue
- ↳ Prior Year TexasCHLforum Days
- ↳ 2012 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ 2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ 2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ TexasCHLforum Day at PSC 2008
- ↳ Feedback - 2007 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ 2007 TexasCHLforum Day
- ↳ General Legislative Discussions
- ↳ 2019 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ Governor's Abbott's "School and Firearm Safety Action Plan"
- ↳ Crimes on Campus
- ↳ Prior Session: 2005 - 2017
- ↳ 2015 Legislative Session
- ↳ 2013 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2013 Calls-To-Action
- ↳ 2011 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2009 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2007 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2005 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ Goals for 2007
- ↳ Concealed Carry on College Campuses
- ↳ 2017 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2017 Legislative Wish List
- ↳ Federal
- ↳ Prior Year Elections
- ↳ 2012 Texas & Federal Elections
- ↳ Texas - 2008
- ↳ Federal - 2008
- ↳ 2014 Elections