Search found 1 match

by oljames3
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:35 pm
Forum: New to CHL?
Topic: Signs for the CHLer
Replies: 323
Views: 84541

Re: Signs for the CHLer

ImportedTexan wrote:Thank you for your replies that cleared up quite a bit of questions I had. However, it also spurred more.

Can you clarify “gunbuster”?

Also, can any business print out a copy of a 30.06 or 30.07 and post it in their window in the proper formatting, or does it have to come from the state?

I’d rather ask stupid questions now than look like a fool later on. Thanks for your responses and patience.
1. Gunbuster sign: Does not meet the requirements of 30.06 or 30.07 and has no effect on Texas LTC/CHL holders. However, you should expect to be asked to leave or cover if you are carrying openly.

2. Texas law does not require that signs come from a certain source. A business owner can make their own or have them made as long as the sign meets the criteria of Texas Penal Code 30.06 (c) (3) (B) and 30.07 (c) (3) (B). ... /PE.30.htm

For example, an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper cannot be "notice" as required by TPC 30.06/30.07 as the lettering cannot be "at least one inch in height." Again, if you go past a non-compliant 30.07 type sign, you should expect to be asked to cover or leave.

Return to “Signs for the CHLer”