Search found 1 match

by Scott B.
Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:19 pm
Forum: FFL Holders
Topic: Out of State Buyer for Private Sale (Rifle)
Replies: 18
Views: 4208

Re: Out of State Buyer for Private Sale (Rifle)

From the ATF FAQ.

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30] ... te-firearm

Years ago it was a contiguous state thing, but that was done away with in the 80s.

Return to “Out of State Buyer for Private Sale (Rifle)”