Ranges and gun stores in and around Spring, TX

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
HDMayo
Posts in topic: 2

Ranges and gun stores in and around Spring, TX

Post by HDMayo »

Looks like I'm moving to Spring, Texas within the next three months or so. Anyone recommend any good ranges? Or ranges at all? Or gun stores? I'm coming from northeast Arkansas where I've been able to shoot pretty much as I pleased at a quarry that I ran not far from my home so I'm probably going to be a little disappointed but I still have to find a place.

Any suggestions?

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

First, welcome to the forum!

I don't personally know about the ranges/shops in the Spring area but if you feel like killing some paper badguys on your way down I45 let me know in advance. There's a place just south of Dallas.

JLaw

Post by JLaw »

HDMayo...

You're in luck. There is a gun shop/range in Spring called Carter's Country. It's over on Treashwig, east of I-45. Although they're not the shop I frequent, I do shop there for my reloading supplies. They keep a good selection of firearms, holsters, ammo, general supplies and even clothing. Their prices are not too far out of line with my regular spot. And a good sales tactic they have, that has probably angered many a wife, is their semi-annual 12 months zero interest firearms purchases!

Let me know when you move down here, we'll go burn some lead. Where in Arkansas are you moving from?

JLaw

Topic author
HDMayo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by HDMayo »

Moving from northeast Arkansas. I'll be moving, in theory, as soon as I buy a house, but my job keeps me traveling most of the time. The wife and kids will probably move in December and I'll end up traveling a little less at that time.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

You may want to check out Thunder Range in Conroe. Will give you the chance to check out Thunder Tactical Shooters IDPA too:

http://www.tts-idpa.com/
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Lodge2004

Post by Lodge2004 »

In addition to Carter's Country mentioned earlier, there is Texas Sportsman's Outlet in Humble and 59 Gun Range on I59 south of 1960.

Carter's Country is OK. Sportsman's Outlet (an indoor range) is better. 59 Gun Range (indoor) is run down but the least expensive.

Boma

Post by Boma »

I live 10 minutes away from Spring. I'm from north Houston. Carter's Country is a good place to start off at. Gander Mountain is a nice retail store that sells new and used firearms. It's off of 45 and Cypresswood; you can't miss it.

Send me a PM if you want to go shooting sometime.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”