Carrollton, Flower Mound, Denton Area

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Greybeard
Posts in topic: 3

Carrollton, Flower Mound, Denton Area

Post by Greybeard »

DCSA - Denton County Sports Association, "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency".

Details at http://www.dentoncountysports.com - which folks seem to either love or hate. :wink: (Part of the web site's "attitude" stems from the fact that we have evolved into the largest Hunter Education home study completion "testing site" in the State.)

CHLers typically have most interest in "Freedom Plan" page, which is also "required reading" and involves jumping through a few hoops - but that is why most of the folks that shoot at DCSA do so. (John Q. Public not allowed to just walk in and start shooting.)
Last edited by Greybeard on Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dws1117
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dws1117 »

Looks like an interesting site with a lot of good information. Unfortunately I live too far away to partake of the facility.

The link in your post doesn't work. The comma that is after the .com made it into the link.

If this is the same Greybeard from THR, good to see you here.

Topic author
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

dws - thanks for the catch on the comma prob. I hopefully got edited right to fix with - instead.

Yep, been at THR since inception. And TFL before that. I suspect some other Glocktalkers will trickle in here too. Have a good holiday weekend.

Braden

Post by Braden »

I know this is an old thread, but I'm new here....so in the interest of getting some activity in the shooting range forum I'll vouch for Greybeard and the DCSA facility. I attended a Hunter Education course there last fall and it is a nice facility. I plan to become a Freedom Plan member, but just haven't taken the time to fill out the forms yet.

Jim101

Post by Jim101 »

GrayBeard,

When can I come up a take a tour? I have read/heard about that place for sometime......I live right down the road...

Jim

Delta
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Delta »

Jim101 wrote:GrayBeard,

When can I come up a take a tour? I have read/heard about that place for sometime......I live right down the road...

Jim
I live down in The Colony, I am always looking for good places to go shooting.

Fellow Glocktalker here

B

Jim101

Post by Jim101 »

Delta,

Do you shoot at Quail Creek? We live in Flower Mound.......

Jim
NRA, TSRA

Delta
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Delta »

Jim101 wrote:Delta,

Do you shoot at Quail Creek? We live in Flower Mound.......

Jim
I have shot at QuailCreek, I also used to be a Range Officer at Backwoods Traps...

just seems like I never have enough time to go shooting anymore. :(

Jim101

Post by Jim101 »

Delta,

A couple of us have been wanting to go to Backwoods Traps, sounds like a nice place, from what I have heard..

Jim
NRA, TSRA

Topic author
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Jim - Sorry for the delay in responding. Best to e-mail or e-mail or call if time is impt. While I'm out there a lot off and on, "Open House" page at http://www.dentoncountysports.com is typically updated with times that at least one of us will be around if ya wanna look around.

This is a slow time of year - but that will change dramatically here in about a month when folks start thinkin' about dove season ...

With DCSA being set up just for pistols and .22s, Backwoods is where I go with the long guns (with or without students). They added a 50 yard range next to the 100 yarder last year, which sometimes makes things more practical for the hand-cannons. And they have a sporting clays course that can give most folks a lesson in humilty ...
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

cxm

Best in Denton Co.

Post by cxm »

Best I have seen in Denton County is the North Texas Shooters Assn. complex north of Denton.

It has rifle ranges, pistol ranges plus skeet and trap.

It is members only and has a long waiting list for membership... with reason.

FWIW

Chuck
Hoist on High the Bonnie Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!

Return to “Shooting Ranges”