Collin Co Gun Range Closing

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

jbenat
Posts in topic: 3

N/W Frisco....

Post by jbenat »

We live in Frisco and since there is little choice of where to shoot unless we want to drive quite a distance we shoot at the Bullet Trap. But, since the two outdoor ranges close to here have shut down we don't get to shoot as much as we would like. That is due to the cost of range fees and inconvience of driving to East Plano from N/W Frisco, off Teel & just south of Eldorado in The Fairways subdivision.

When we shot at The Backwoods Traps it cost $25.50 for both of us to shoot and it took 10 minutes to get there. You could shoot whatever you had with you on any lane and was only crowded on pretty weekends. Now when we shoot at the Bullet Trap it costs $37.00 and it takes 30 minutes to shoot in crowded conditions. :evil:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

gmckinl
Posts in topic: 1

Re: N/W Frisco....

Post by gmckinl »

jbenat wrote:We live in Frisco and since there is little choice of where to shoot unless we want to drive quite a distance we shoot at the Bullet Trap. But, since the two outdoor ranges close to here have shut down we don't get to shoot as much as we would like. :evil:
Same story here. I'm where Frisco, Allen, & Plano all come together. I'll miss Backwoods when it comes time to check zero on my deer rifle.

I really miss the days when the LBJ Grasslands were open to shooting. That was really fun. I used to go there a lot. Times change. :sad:
NRA Life Member

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson

killerquad
Posts in topic: 2

Post by killerquad »

Yeah driving an hour to shoot 30 minutes is a bad thing. I live in the Dominion subdivision off of Preston and El Dorado. I had just recently found out about Collin County range and was planning on going to check it out, but so much for that. When we started looking for houses out here in TX we drove by Savahna and I was seriously thinking about buying there since Backwoods was right there. Glad I didnt.
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

Return to “Shooting Ranges”