Houston indoor ranges

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
kanders
Posts in topic: 2

Houston indoor ranges

Post by kanders »

Hi, I'm not sure if the last post I made was deleted by a moderator, or if I just hit the wrong button and didn't send it, so I'll rephrase it a little.

Has anyone been to Memorial Oaks Shooting Club in Houston? What did you think?

Thanks,
Kevin

smschulz
Posts in topic: 1

Post by smschulz »

I tool my CHL there in June. I shot there one other time. It has an OK facility but to me it a little limited (handgun to 15+/- yds) and the facility is in (or was when I was there) transition from either a bowling alley or a previous shooting range and seemed to me a little run down...not to mention it is somewhat hard to get to.

I currently signed up for a membership (yearly) at American Shooting Range near West Oaks Mall. It offered me more shooting options ~ Rifle, Pistol ~ different and longer yard targets, steel targets..etc. Outside of being a little farther to get to it works better for me.

Topic author
kanders
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kanders »

Thanks for the input. For me, at least, Mem. Oaks is easier to get to, and the owners are really nice. I really liked the place; also the AC works good, which is important here!

They're in the process of renovating parts of the building, so I'm thinking of getting the family membership. The way I see it, there are not enough ranges nearby (i.e. inside the beltway), probably because of the struggle to make it a successful business, so I feel I should help support my closest indoor range. Just my .02.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”