Dallas Pistol Club

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

extremist
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Dallas Pistol Club

Post by extremist »

rentz wrote:I know this is an older thread but found it doing a search, everyone still enjoy DPC? I know they had a few openings come up and I'm now undecided since I joined Frisco gun club last year and it's nice being able to do pistol and rifle at the same location especially on 100yrd indoor range.

was reading some of the DPC member info and it sounds really good, though i'm always so limited on time it would be very hard for me to get to those what sounds like mandatory work days.
There are no "mandatory" work days - all volunteer. ;-)

As a long time member of DPC and frequent competitor, I think there's no better place to shoot in DFW metroplex for the money and privilages. They have made a lot of range improvements in the last year, and more a planned with the opening up of membership to 100+ more members.

We also have a Facebook page now that I try and keep updated until the abysmal website gets refreshed and updated under new management :anamatedbanana

https://www.facebook.com/dallaspistolclub" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

rentz
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rentz »

extremist wrote:
rentz wrote:I know this is an older thread but found it doing a search, everyone still enjoy DPC? I know they had a few openings come up and I'm now undecided since I joined Frisco gun club last year and it's nice being able to do pistol and rifle at the same location especially on 100yrd indoor range.

was reading some of the DPC member info and it sounds really good, though i'm always so limited on time it would be very hard for me to get to those what sounds like mandatory work days.
There are no "mandatory" work days - all volunteer. ;-)

As a long time member of DPC and frequent competitor, I think there's no better place to shoot in DFW metroplex for the money and privilages. They have made a lot of range improvements in the last year, and more a planned with the opening up of membership to 100+ more members.

We also have a Facebook page now that I try and keep updated until the abysmal website gets refreshed and updated under new management :anamatedbanana

https://www.facebook.com/dallaspistolclub" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James

thanks, i was worried because i know i don't have much free time to go shoot much less volunteer...nature of workin life sometimes.
probably worth the price alone just to be able to do some from the holster drills

saltydog452

Post by saltydog452 »

The DPC is a safe place to shoot. The only way that is going to continue to happen is that we monitor each other. If someone is doing something un safe, it was, and still remains, the obligation of each member to remind the offender that there is a safety reason for those rules. If compliance doesn't happen, the Carrollton PD, is interested in safety also. Give them a call if there is a violation. They'll get there PDQ.. They have a Police Only Range on our property and are as interested in safety as we are. Its as safe as long that the membership insists that it remain so. We, as members, follow the 'rules' and police each other. If you want to shoot ARs on a Pistol range, you are invited to go elsewhere.

I've been a member at the DPRC, DPC, since the mid seventies. You aren't likely to find as safe a place to shoot as the DPC.

The only way that it can remain safe is that each member insists that it remain so.

saltydog452.

Comments or PMs are welcome.

rentz

Post by rentz »

saltydog452 wrote:The DPC is a safe place to shoot. The only way that is going to continue to happen is that we monitor each other. If someone is doing something un safe, it was, and still remains, the obligation of each member to remind the offender that there is a safety reason for those rules. If compliance doesn't happen, the Carrollton PD, is interested in safety also. Give them a call if there is a violation. They'll get there PDQ.. They have a Police Only Range on our property and are as interested in safety as we are. Its as safe as long that the membership insists that it remain so. We, as members, follow the 'rules' and police each other. If you want to shoot ARs on a Pistol range, you are invited to go elsewhere.

I've been a member at the DPRC, DPC, since the mid seventies. You aren't likely to find as safe a place to shoot as the DPC.

The only way that it can remain safe is that each member insists that it remain so.

saltydog452.

Comments or PMs are welcome.
thanks, i would enjoy a place that puts safety as a priority and encourages people to point out unsafe habits. I know i'd rather have someone tap me on the shoulder and alert me to something I may have done unintentionally than be yelled at by an overzealous range officer who's had a bad day.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”