'D Gun Range' on 59N, Houston?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 1

'D Gun Range' on 59N, Houston?

Post by RHenriksen »

Has anyone been here? Good/bad/indifferent? They're at 11325 Eastex Freeway near Hopper.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

nuparadigm

Re: 'D Gun Range' on 59N, Houston?

Post by nuparadigm »

It may have changed/morphed/been cleaned-up since the last time I stopped in. Stale cigarette smoke smacked my olfactory when I entered and beheld a dimly-lighted interior. I've never been in an adult book store but the store's ambiance fulfilled my fantasies of what one must be like.

I couldn't bring myself to stay long enough to shoot.
The last train out of any station will not be filled with nice people.

Remember Newton and Azrak.

xtremeav

Post by xtremeav »

nuparadigm wrote:It may have changed/morphed/been cleaned-up since the last time I stopped in. Stale cigarette smoke smacked my olfactory when I entered and beheld a dimly-lighted interior. I've never been in an adult book store but the store's ambiance fulfilled my fantasies of what one must be like.

I couldn't bring myself to stay long enough to shoot.
Same

STG
Posts in topic: 2

Post by STG »

Same.

However I have shot there. If you like a little more of a libertarian style feel to a range, then this is your place.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

STG wrote:Same.
If you like a little more of a libertarian style feel to a range, then this is your place.
What does that mean??
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

STG
Posts in topic: 2

Post by STG »

Means I haven't seen anyone thrown out for firing controlled pairs or doing holster drills. It seems a little more big boy rules to me. If you are LE you can use the left side of the range but you will need to show credentials.

csizzle

Post by csizzle »

i took my CHL class there. utilitarian everything. nothing is new, clean, or shiny but if you want to shoot there's not a reason not to go there. there is a guy that OCs in there all day long. start up a conversation with him and he'll talk your ear off. just needs to warm up to you.
this is more the place that the brothas and sistahs go to shoot their hi-points and sigmas. basically be warned that as long as you're in a shooting range within the beltway, there could always be some n00b come up in the stall next to you and start hitting head and wall shots.
and remember, the reason that they may be short with you is because they are a shooting range on the north side of houston. they get hit with idiots ALL DAY LONG so just let them warm up to you and they're not gonna hassle you about anything

GrandmasterB

Post by GrandmasterB »

Not the nicest looking place by far. BUT, the staff is nice and they have CHL classes and matches often. I used to shoot the Thursday night USPSA match there almost weekly. Great bunch of guys and lots of fun.
Romans 5:8

DGunRange

Post by DGunRange »

Hello everyone :txflag:
I happened to stumble across this post from a few years ago, and decided to give an update. We haven't smoked in the facility in 7 years, and have recently removed all of the carpet that was keeping the stale smoke smell around. We have also updated our cable system, surveillance system, air conditioning, ceiling tiles,and counters. Yes, we have a lot more to do, but the improvements are awesome! A few things that we haven't changed, are the awesome staff that is both helpful & friendly, the relaxed atmosphere, and 10 CHL classes that we offer each week for only $69.00! We'd love for you guys to come down and give us your opinion on all the new changes. We're still open 9-9, 7 days a week (281-449-6063). :thewave

Return to “Shooting Ranges”