PSC new membership

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jamisjockey
Posts in topic: 3

PSC new membership

Post by jamisjockey »

Help! Anyone got any inside help for a brotha? I'm trying to get in on a new member orientation. The next three are booked, and the Sept class isn't on the schedule yet. I didn't get any sympathy when I called the listed number. Do people ever back out of the classes in advance? There's no waiting list info available.
:waiting:

williamkevin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: PSC new membership

Post by williamkevin »

jamisjockey wrote:Help! Anyone got any inside help for a brotha? I'm trying to get in on a new member orientation. The next three are booked, and the Sept class isn't on the schedule yet. I didn't get any sympathy when I called the listed number. Do people ever back out of the classes in advance? There's no waiting list info available.
:waiting:
Try emailing Tom Neal: Tom@PSC-Range.com. He's the membership director.

Cheers!

Topic author
jamisjockey

Post by jamisjockey »

Muchos thank you-o.! :tiphat:

williamkevin

Post by williamkevin »

Anytime!

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Jamisjockey
In the mean time, there are plenty enough members at PSC daily, that can bring guests, so I am sure if you wanted to get out to the range, just make a forum post and someone will surely agree on a date/time to go.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Topic author
jamisjockey

Post by jamisjockey »

Teamless wrote:Jamisjockey
In the mean time, there are plenty enough members at PSC daily, that can bring guests, so I am sure if you wanted to get out to the range, just make a forum post and someone will surely agree on a date/time to go.

Good point!
One of my coworkers is in on the July class, too. We were literally standing there side by side and he registered. I tried to register and it was full. :waiting:

Rugerboy50
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rugerboy50 »

it's getting tougher to get in.

Rumor is they are considering shutting membership off.

They sent out 3000 + membership renewal letters this year.

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

Sorry, if I was out of sympathy when you called. I am towards the end of processing 3100 membership renewals and it feels like I have been working two full time jobs since April 1st.

PSC has been limiting new members for a year and our membership is still climbing. I anticipate limiting membership growth even more for the next couple of years.

We (by we, I mean Charles Cotton) are working to install new Event Registration software that will allow for waiting lists. (A missing feature from the current 'free' software.)

In recent months, folks have been booking Orientation so far in advance that many are forgetting they were registered. Or just loosing interest in joining. When we send out the how-to-get-through-the-gate email a few days before Orientation, we get some cancellations. I normally process them between 4 and 10 PM. Watching the PSC-Range.com web page in the evenings, is the only thing close to a waiting list.

PSC is a great shooting range. We are improving the facility and limiting new members to keep it that way.

Tom Neal
membership@psc-range.com
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

tomneal wrote:

PSC is a great shooting range. We are improving the facility and limiting new members to keep it that way.

Tom Neal
membership@psc-range.com

I agree and getting better. :iagree: Tom and Charles plus others here do a lot to make the PSC a really good place to go shoot and learn. Thanks !
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

dicion

Post by dicion »

If only it were closer to me! :lol:
I'd live there on weekends... :leaving "rlol"

Someone really needs to build a PSC - NorthWest Houston Edition :rolll

bat1

Post by bat1 »

tomneal wrote:processing 3100 membership renewals
WOW :shock: I have been attending the IDPA each month, and thinking to join..But, I wonder is there places to shot ?

Can anyone tell me when you go out there during the week just how crowded is it ? Is there any place to shoot ?

I would not mind getting on a waiting list, but If there is over crowding, what is it like during a normal week ?

Thanks BAT ;-)

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

I work day times through the week, but when I have gone after 4pm or so, there are tons of spots on all of the ranges to shoot
When I go on the weekends, unless there is a match of some sore (and understand I only shoot pistol) I can almost always find a range to shoot on.
If not, I have waited 1/2 hour or so and one opened up.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

bigmoney

Post by bigmoney »

dicion wrote:If only it were closer to me! :lol:
I'd live there on weekends... :leaving "rlol"

Someone really needs to build a PSC - NorthWest Houston Edition :rolll
:iagree: I dream about starting something like that everynight after standing in a stall shooting from a stand still. Or at least about the day I'll get my nice chunk of country land.
Don't choose a username while a stupid insurrance commercial is on the tv
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

OldSchool

Post by OldSchool »

bat1 wrote:
tomneal wrote:processing 3100 membership renewals
WOW :shock: I have been attending the IDPA each month, and thinking to join..But, I wonder is there places to shot ?

Can anyone tell me when you go out there during the week just how crowded is it ? Is there any place to shoot ?

I would not mind getting on a waiting list, but If there is over crowding, what is it like during a normal week ?

Thanks BAT ;-)
I would not say overcrowded, but busy. Only once have we not found spaces open when we've been there, and patience works even in that situation.

It was actually fairly quiet today. The most activity was at some of the shotgun and pistol bays (Ladies' Day was well-attended -- again -- this morning), but there were plenty of empty spots everywhere. People were moving in and out of the different ranges. We plan to be out there again Monday.
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer

12/23/2009: Packets delivered.
01/15/2010: Plastic in hand!

SkinnyB78

Post by SkinnyB78 »

gwashorn wrote:
tomneal wrote:

Tom Neal
membership@psc-range.com

I agree and getting better. :iagree: Tom and Charles plus others here do a lot to make the PSC a really good place to go shoot and learn. Thanks !
:iagree: It's a drive for me but I'd do it in a heartbeat 'cause everyone is so friendly, helpful, and just plain fun to be around. PSC is a fantastic range!
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member, IDPA member, Motorcyclist, Cyclist, Photographer

Return to “Shooting Ranges”