Bullet Trap

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

urnoodle
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Bullet Trap

Post by urnoodle »

As much as I want to take advantage of the holiday and get some practice in, I think I'll go to Elm Fork. BT will be crazy busy. I'll give my lungs and voice a break. Not many take a woman seriously when she sounds like James Earl Jones :mrgreen: .
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 12

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Interesting info fannypacker. I knew they had sold it a couple times. The place is always packed... Money machine would seem like the right word to describe it to me

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

urnoodle wrote:... . Not many take a woman seriously when she sounds like James Earl Jones :mrgreen: .
Bawahahahaha ...

Topic author
sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 21

Post by sjfcontrol »

urnoodle wrote:... . Not many take a woman seriously when she sounds like James Earl Jones :mrgreen: .
Luke, I am your Mother!
Naw, just doesn't work...
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

urnoodle wrote:As much as I want to take advantage of the holiday and get some practice in, I think I'll go to Elm Fork. BT will be crazy busy. I'll give my lungs and voice a break. Not many take a woman seriously when she sounds like James Earl Jones :mrgreen: .
"rlol" I have no idea who I'm picturing, but I still can't get that image/sound outta my head.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Napier
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Napier »

BSB wrote:I took my son there today to practice for cowboy action this weakend. The kid says do you have any exposed lead? I said lead semi wadcutters. He says no lead. I said your crazy and left. I shot the same stuff there a few weaks ago. All I shoot is lead. I guess I have no use for that place. :mad5

BSB
Went today an dey dint ast me dat. But dey all knos I pack. So mebbe dey polite.
Last edited by Napier on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

urnoodle wrote:As much as I want to take advantage of the holiday and get some practice in, I think I'll go to Elm Fork. BT will be crazy busy. I'll give my lungs and voice a break. Not many take a woman seriously when she sounds like James Earl Jones :mrgreen: .
Road Trip!!!! :biggrinjester:
NRA Endowment Member

urnoodle
Posts in topic: 4

Post by urnoodle »

The image does kinda stick with you like a bad aftertaste now doesn't it. :biggrinjester:

I went scouting for a new addition to my small arsenal. I didn't buy anything yet, just doing some window shopping. Pulled into BT parking lot which was full. If thats any indication, tomorrow is probably going to be worse at all the ranges.

Darn, looks like I need to take a day off next week just to get some practice in. That's a real shame. :biggrinjester:
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

mdoan300
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mdoan300 »

BSB wrote:I took my son there today to practice for cowboy action this weakend. The kid says do you have any exposed lead? I said lead semi wadcutters. He says no lead. I said your crazy and left. I shot the same stuff there a few weaks ago. All I shoot is lead. I guess I have no use for that place. :mad5

BSB
So no steel/aluminum case, no semi-wadcutters (assuming no .22LR since that's exposed lead), and no 5.7x28 ammo. Nice! If they keep this up, then the only thing they'll allow is spitballs.
HK / FN / BCM

mdoan300

Post by mdoan300 »

urnoodle wrote:I've been to Bullet Trap several times and I've noticed that what I'm asked is highly dependent on who's helping me. I'm always asked for my TXDL to hold the lane. On one or two occasions I was asked about steel cases, on another whether I'm using bullets with exposed lead but for the most part I'm only asked what caliber I'm shooting and whether I have enough ammo. I've been there when it's been really busy and not so busy. I haven't noticed a difference in air quality on either day. I'ts always seemed heavy with smoke. I'm excited about the 2 new ranges in Frisco and Lewisville that will be closer to me so by fall I won't be making the trek out to BT any longer. Hopefully their ventilation will be better than BT.
One of the ranges in Frisco is being built by The Bullet Trap (http://www.friscogunclubinc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, off Eldorado Pkwy) and the other one is being built by the DFW Gun Club (http://www.friscogunclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, off All Stars Ave). Both are fighting for the Frisco Gun Club name.
HK / FN / BCM

rentz

Post by rentz »

mdoan300 wrote:

BSB
So no steel/aluminum case, no semi-wadcutters (assuming no .22LR since that's exposed lead), and no 5.7x28 ammo. Nice! If they keep this up, then the only thing they'll allow is spitballs.
They allow 22lr on the pistol range without a problem.
Ive heard them explain to people why they dont allow steel/aluminum case. They claim they are dangerous and pieces of the metal can fly downrange, etc. but the real reason is they cant resell the cases.

mdoan300

Post by mdoan300 »

urnoodle wrote:Darn, looks like I need to take a day off next week just to get some practice in. That's a real shame. :biggrinjester:
Tiger Valley is having a pistol trigger control class next Tue-Jul-10 from 6:30-9pm at Elm Fork. It costs $65 and you'll need 200rds and a holster. I took that class this earlier this year, but I am going again as a course refresher and to practice with my CHL setup. I highly encourage these classes -- they are inexpensive and short, but you'll come out learning new things.

I went to their pistol shooting under stress class a couple of weeks ago and some of the drills we did that night you would not be able to do at any gun range (even Elm Fork tac bay).
HK / FN / BCM

rentz

Post by rentz »

mdoan300 wrote:
urnoodle wrote:Darn, looks like I need to take a day off next week just to get some practice in. That's a real shame. :biggrinjester:
Tiger Valley is having a pistol trigger control class next Tue-Jul-10 from 6:30-9pm at Elm Fork. It costs $65 and you'll need 200rds and a holster. I took that class this earlier this year, but I am going again as a course refresher and to practice with my CHL setup. I highly encourage these classes -- they are inexpensive and short, but you'll come out learning new things.

I went to their pistol shooting under stress class a couple of weeks ago and some of the drills we did that night you would not be able to do at any gun range (even Elm Fork tac bay).
interesting, i had been looking on both elmfork and tiger valleys site recently for some of these classes and saw nothing, sadly i wont be able to get to this one.

BSB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BSB »

One of the ranges in Frisco is being built by The Bullet Trap (http://www.friscogunclubinc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, off Eldorado Pkwy) and the other one is being built by the DFW Gun Club (http://www.friscogunclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, off All Stars Ave). Both are fighting for the Frisco Gun Club name.[/quote]

The whole Frisco shooting range thing is going no where fast. If they are fighting over a name then that shows you what I am talking about. I drove by the All Stars Ave. location and its just a sign. They have not started construction and if the do it will take a year to open. If Bullet Trap wins than I will be driving to Lewisville as they should have their range open in the next 6 mo. .....I hope. As far as the name goes I don't want to join a club. I just want to shoot!

BSB

mdoan300

Post by mdoan300 »

rentz wrote:interesting, i had been looking on both elmfork and tiger valleys site recently for some of these classes and saw nothing, sadly i wont be able to get to this one.
Check the TV calendar: http://www.tigervalley.com/tv_calendar.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next Tue's course: https://www.google.com/calendar/render? ... output=xml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HK / FN / BCM

Return to “Shooting Ranges”